Should I take GRE again and apply for MPH or Biomedical Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Med Sc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!
I am an international student. I got my BS Biology from UTSA in Fall 2010. My goal is to go to medical school. I didnt know that many schools here dont accept international students when i came here right after high school. Now that i know i found out 50 schools do accept intl students.
I am supposed to take classes mandatory in Fall and Spring. So right after i graduated i started grad school at UTSA (MS Biology). I didnt have time to prepare for GRE since the deadline passed. SO i just registered and took the exam and got a 800. I got in the school and finished my first sem in Spring.
I am gonna take MCAt in July. I just learnt about the other programs available and narrowed down to two programs that i think i would like to study(Biomedical Science and MPH).
I am thinking of doing either of these in medical schools that accept intl students as it will increase the chances of an interview atleast. I have a 3.5 GPA. However, most schools require 1000 and above GRE score. I am not sure if i should take GRE again and apply for these programs as for many of them the fall deadlines have passed.

Members don't see this ad.

If there are any other intl students who got into med schools or got an interview please let me know about it. I really havent met a single international student who want to go to medical school. It would be great to speak to someone who is in similar situation.
Thank you all in advance.