• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Should I take more classes before I apply?

Turtle0223

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
May 28, 2016
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello,

I graduated from undergrad in 2016 and I plan to apply to medical schools next year (2021-2022 cycle). I was a biology major and my GPA was 3.9 overall and 4.0 in science. I recently found out that medical schools want more recent coursework. Hence, I am wondering if 5 years gap is considered too long. If I should take more classes, is it okay to take them at CC or online?

GreenDuck12

7+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2014
  1. Medical Student
Hello,

I graduated from undergrad in 2016 and I plan to apply to medical schools next year (2021-2022 cycle). I was a biology major and my GPA was 3.9 overall and 4.0 in science. I recently found out that medical schools want more recent coursework. Hence, I am wondering if 5 years gap is considered too long. If I should take more classes, is it okay to take them at CC or online?

If you were a biology major, it may be difficult to find biology courses that you haven’t already taken at the CC level. A strong performance on the mcat combined with your history of high academic achievement would likely diminish any concerns about your academic abilities 5 years out from undergrad.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.