Should I take more classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkhottie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I had 2 pre-dec interviews but I haven't received an acceptance yet so I am getting worried and I am lost for next semester.

I graduated in May without lots of pre-req (Ochem 1&2, Bio 1&2, Physics 2)
But I managed to take all of them by this semester so I am about to be done like in 2 weeks.
I am not good at physics so I will get a C but everything else, I have or will have A's.

Since I don't have an acceptance , I am now considering to take more classes.
I have 3.61 non-science GPA, 3.45 Science GPA as of now.

I don't have money nor time to go to master program. So my only option is taking more upper classes.

oddly, I ve took Anatomy and physiology 1 & 2, Biochemistry, Microbiology.
So I am lost what I can take?!

I want to just call the school and ask what I should do, but I already told them I am not planning to take any classes at interviews so I am afraid that they would see me in some negative way.

What should I do? or should I try to get a job in Dentistry field?

I am also planning to retake DAT(19 AA, 19 TS, 20 Reading, 17 PAT)

Thank you for advices in advance =)

Members don't see this ad.

Have you taken Cell Biology and Genetics? How about labs? Lots of schools strongly recommend those 2 classes besides the ones that you have taken. I don't see why they will look at you negatively if you take extra science classes (especially biology-related), if anything that's a bonus on your application and might potentially boost your science GPA.

Maybe you can do some kind of research together with taking those 2 classes? So just take a light load + research :)

Just my 2-cent :)

Last edited:
Have you taken Cell Biology and Genetics? How about labs? Lots of schools strongly recommend those 2 classes besides the ones that you have taken. I don't see why they will look at you negatively if you take extra classes, if anything that's a bonus on your application and might potentially boost your science GPA.

Maybe you can do some kind of research together with taking those 2 classes? So just take a light load + research :)

Just my 2-cent :)[/quote

Ohhh Thank you =))) I just registered those classes!