Should I take more classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

momofj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To make my really long story short; I graduated in 2004 w/ a BS in Psy and Bio. Took 3 graduate level classes in 2006, and haven't done any other academic work since... From what I'm reading around here most folks are doing post bacs and masters degrees. Anyone not have to go this route? I'm really not interested in another degree besides MD. and would rather not waste any more time!

BTW the reason I only took 3 grad classes and did not commit to a masters program was beacause a medical school admin. advisor told me I really didn't have to since I had (yes HAD!) a really competitive application. I say had because this was 4 years ago I don't know if this still applies. Also never actually got to apply, they advised me to retake the MCAT and not to submit the application. Currently working on retaking in Jan 2011.
Any advise?

Members don't see this ad.

What is your current overall GPA and BPCM GPA? If they are both above 3.4 you definitely do not need to enroll in a masters program. A lot of the SMPs (Special Masters Programs) are geared toward those with lower GPAs.