Should I take Oct PCAT?

Started by Ether12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ether12

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, First of all congratulations to the guys who did well on their pcat, but unfortunately I didn't do so well. I was going to apply for this cycle year but now with my pcat scores I don't know what to do.

August 2009 Scores
Verbal-62
Biology-65
Reading-23
Quantitative Ability-77
Chemistry-93
Composite-67

Writing-3

I think my math and chem scores are fine, but my biology and English scores look horrible. I have about three weeks and I don't know if I should take the october pcat to bring my score up. Really is there anyway to improve RC and verbal?

I don't want to take the oct pcat and my scores go down. If the admissions committee sees that then it looks bad b/c there is no improvement. But if I take the pcat next June or August- then I will have to wait a whole year then apply. (Hopefully I do better)

So what should I do

Take the Oct pcat and hope that my scores go up or... and apply
or wait a whole year and take the pcat next august and apply next year.

I have taken majority of my prerequisites and my gpa is a 3.3.
 
Our pcat scores are very similar (i got 67% comp too and did very poor in reading/verbal) However my GPA is a 3.8. I am not sure what to do about applying this year either! Any advice would be great!
 
I'm in the same boat. I want to retake it in October and January, but I'm not sure if taking it soon without much time to study is the best idea. I guess taking in again couldn't hurt. What do you all think?
 
guys, i am a second year pharmacy student at LECOM Bradenton. My PCAT composite was 64..... (bio 72, chem 82, math 65, verbal 42, reading 49. I took the pcat in october but decided not to take january pcat and applied in january to the pharmacy schools. i got accepted to 3 schools LECOM, NOVA and palm beach atalantic. My gpa was 3.7. Zero extracurricular activities. Just apply thats all i can say. Its better to waste 500 dollars on application than wasting a year..thats just my thinking..good luck
 
guys, i am a second year pharmacy student at LECOM Bradenton. My PCAT composite was 64..... (bio 72, chem 82, math 65, verbal 42, reading 49. I took the pcat in october but decided not to take january pcat and applied in january to the pharmacy schools. i got accepted to 3 schools LECOM, NOVA and palm beach atalantic. My gpa was 3.7. Zero extracurricular activities. Just apply thats all i can say. Its better to waste 500 dollars on application than wasting a year..thats just my thinking..good luck

How do you like LECOM Bradenton?