Step I Should I take step 1 before or after it becomes pass/fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advaith Mani

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, My med school is going to complete all step 1 subjects by September 2021. So should I take step 1 before or after it becomes pass/fail? Are there going to any difference in the question type after 2022 and is it going to be harder/easier?
 
The test will probably be exactly the same. How have your grades been and what is your school's reputation like? If you go to a lesser school and have phenomenal grades, you really want that step score to give you a boost. If you go to a top-tier school and have been barely passing, a poor step 1 score could hurt you.