Step I Should I take step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dabears405

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
More than 6 weeks ago nbme 13 = 180, few weeks later nbme 15 = 192, nbme 16 = 194. A week ago Nbme 17 = 203, couple days later UWSA 1 = 230, UWSA 2 = 217, both UWSA percentage are 64% correct. Am I able to pass this? Exam is in 1 week
 
More than 6 weeks ago nbme 13 = 180, few weeks later nbme 15 = 192, nbme 16 = 194. A week ago Nbme 17 = 203, couple days later UWSA 1 = 230, UWSA 2 = 217, both UWSA percentage are 64% correct. Am I able to pass this? Exam is in 1 week
You have steady improvement! Can I ask what resources are you using?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DO Student Here
In the past few weeks my self assessment scores were as follows:
NBME #17 200
NBME #18 205
UWSA #2 224
NBME # 19 taken today 211
The question is Should I take the USMLE Step 1 next week, or is the risk of failing too great to spin the wheel?
Thanks for some feedback as I am in a real quandry.
 
DO Student Here
In the past few weeks my self assessment scores were as follows:
NBME #17 200
NBME #18 205
UWSA #2 224
NBME # 19 taken today 211
The question is Should I take the USMLE Step 1 next week, or is the risk of failing too great to spin the wheel?
Thanks for some feedback as I am in a real quandry.
If you truly took those practice tests in ideal condition (i.e. not looking stuff up, timed). I would say it's very unlikely that you fail. I would say you'll land somewhere between 210-225. You got 1 more week, a lot can be done in a week. Pathoma chapters 1-3 are high-yield, both the small details and overall concepts. Target your weak areas. Good luck!