Should I take Step 2 CK or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BruceWaynMD

Dr. Batman
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am USMD made 203 on step 1. My step 2 CK is scheduled for Jan 4. UWorld first pass 56% UWSA1: 201 UWSA2: 211 the score predictor in Reddit predicts 220s based on these results. I personally just want to pass the first time. So should I take it or allow myself another month of study?

Members don't see this ad.

I most definitely can offer you some hope that you can pass this beast whatever option you chose. I was just looking to pass also.

USMD
Step 1: 200s
NBME 6: 166 (1 month out)
NBME 7: 167 (3 weeks out)
UW% 56 (1st pass, started April this year)
UWSA1: 218 ( 1 week out)
Predicted score: 228 +/- 17 (Predictmystepscore.com)
Real deal: 240s (exam Dec. 16th)

I started dedicated the week of Thanksgiving only going over incorrects and listening to DivineIntervention podcasts. I studied while taking care of my newborn, which I would highly not recommend and didn’t request extra time due to this like my school suggested me to.

Reactions: 4 users
I am USMD made 203 on step 1. My step 2 CK is scheduled for Jan 4. UWorld first pass 56% UWSA1: 201 UWSA2: 211 the score predictor in Reddit predicts 220s based on these results. I personally just want to pass the first time. So should I take it or allow myself another month of study?
If your goal is to pass, you shouldn't take it until you're successfully and consistently passing on your practice exams. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 1 user
I most definitely can offer you some hope that you can pass this beast whatever option you chose. I was just looking to pass also.

USMD
Step 1: 200s
NBME 6: 166 (1 month out)
NBME 7: 167 (3 weeks out)
UW% 56 (1st pass, started April this year)
UWSA1: 218 ( 1 week out)
Predicted score: 228 +/- 17 (Predictmystepscore.com)
Real deal: 240s (exam Dec. 16th)

I started dedicated the week of Thanksgiving only going over incorrects and listening to DivineIntervention podcasts. I studied while taking care of my newborn, which I would highly not recommend and didn’t request extra time due to this like my school suggested me to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you I’m just going to study my ass off. I pushed to Jan 25 and going over weak spots only. I plan to take old and new free 120 this weekend and next week and hope for the best I’m not pushing back again

Reactions: 1 user
Update: took step 2 yesterday. I felt like it was very hard. Felt like I was guessing the whole time. A lot of ethics questions so who knows. I also felt like it had a lot of step 1 like questions that I had to dig deep for and hope I got it correct. Ran out of time on several blocks and ended up guessing. But It’s over all I can do is pray I guessed correctly 60% of the time in order to pass.
NBME 8 189
Offline NBME 7 219
NBME 6 220
old free 120 85%
new free 120 70%
UWSA 2: 211
UWSA 1: 201
UW First pass 56%

Reactions: 1 users
Update: took step 2 yesterday. I felt like it was very hard. Felt like I was guessing the whole time. A lot of ethics questions so who knows. I also felt like it had a lot of step 1 like questions that I had to dig deep for and hope I got it correct. Ran out of time on several blocks and ended up guessing. But It’s over all I can do is pray I guessed correctly 60% of the time in order to pass.
NBME 8 189
Offline NBME 7 219
NBME 6 220
old free 120 85%
new free 120 70%
UWSA 2: 211
UWSA 1: 201
UW First pass 56%
hEY,

Did you pass?

Hello.

My grades are similar to yours. I was wondering how you did on the real thing, but I just realized it may be too soon, I don't think you have results yet.

Best, JL

Hello.

My grades are similar to yours. I was wondering how you did on the real thing, but I just realized it may be too soon, I don't think you have results yet.

Best, JL
Idk haven’t got results yet I hope I did 🙏🏾

Congrats to all.. I love this thread..... Thanks a lot for creating this. This thread is more informative then the actual thread made for 2021 since they keep posting random stuff there about other exams besides CK exam. SO annoying...

Last edited:
NBME 7: 202, 2 months before
UWSA1: 214, 2 weeks before
NBME 8: 214, 9 days before
UWSA2: 218, 1 week before
New Free: 70% , 6 days before
NBME 6: 207 5 days before

Real deal 02/08: 231

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
NBME 7: 202, 2 months before
UWSA1: 214, 2 weeks before
NBME 8: 214, 9 days before
UWSA2: 218, 1 week before
New Free: 70% , 6 days before
NBME 6: 207 5 days before

Real deal 02/08: 231
Congrats ...,Thank you for sharing your stats. My stats are so similar to yours, this gives me hope.

Which NBME's are best to take before Step 2? New Free smart to take before?
Or are just the UWSA's enough?

Thanks.

Thank you so much for posting this! I needed some hope. My exam in in 7 days and I just got UWSA2 218.

My stats:
NBME 9: 210 (45 days out)
NBME 10: 225 ( 21 days out)
NBME 11: 228 ( 14 days out)
UWSA2: 218 (HUGE BUMMER)

I will keep my date thanks to this post.