Step II Should I take Step 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Alwayslearning8

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a DO student. I'm in the top 10 of my class and scored 251 on Step 1 and 681 on COMLEX 1. No research/ no pubs. I am not sure what I want to do residency wise but probably something competitive.

Question is should I spend the money on Step 2 and just take COMLEX 2, since I scored well on Step1? I've looked for an answer and most of the advice is if you score below average on step 1, take step 2. What about if you did well on step 1?

Would really like input from residency directors if possible.
Thank you for your help.