Should I take the Jan. PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

n0thingtolos3

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I take it with only 2 weeks left to study. I have a decent GPA and applied to 8-9 schools that don't require a PCAT score.

I have already received an interview invite at one of the schools, but haven't heard back from any others.

Should I take the PCAT just to be able to apply to schools that require them, even if I probably wont score too high?
 
Should I take it with only 2 weeks left to study. I have a decent GPA and applied to 8-9 schools that don't require a PCAT score.

I have already received an interview invite at one of the schools, but haven't heard back from any others.

Should I take the PCAT just to be able to apply to schools that require them, even if I probably wont score too high?

I would say no cause it's already too late for the schools that do accept the PCAT score. Your score takes time to process too, and most schools would already begin to look at applications and accept students (both true for rolling admissions and non-rolling admissions)

Don't overstress, rather than focusing on cramming for a test in two weeks, I would prepare immensely for your interview. Practice your answers out loud and smoothen out your responses so that on interview day, you will be confident and clearly demonstrate to them why you should be a pharmacist 🙂