Should I take the PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluenyk1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Im new to this forum, and I needed some advice if I should take the PCAT? I'm from California and mainly applying to California schools but I'm afraid that my stats are not good enough to get in. So I was thinking I might apply out of state but I prefer to stay in California.
Cumm gpa 3.44
sci gpa 3.28

Do you think I should take the PCAT? Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats aren't bad as I've gotten into two schools with basically the same GPAs. However, both schools aren't in California.

That being said, I think that you should take the PCAT if you apply out-of-state just in case you have bad luck with California schools.

not that your stats are bad but it's definately not as competitive for california schools who doesnt look at pcat scores. i got into top ten schools out of state and got rejected to uop. with that said, take the pcat... plus, it gives you more options

not that your stats are bad but it's definately not as competitive for california schools who doesnt look at pcat scores. i got into top ten schools out of state and got rejected to uop. with that said, take the pcat... plus, it gives you more options

Yeah, the last thing you want happening is having to sit out a year because you didn't get in the first time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Blue,

Take it regardless.

You never know if you will move or not.

Max

Thanks, for the advice, I guess I'll sign up for the kaplan course and take the PCAT. :)
Thanks guys

Thanks, for the advice, I guess I'll sign up for the kaplan course and take the PCAT. :)
Thanks guys

If you take the Kaplan course, see if you can ask someone who has already taken it to see if it is worthwhile. I have heard from many people that the course isn't worth the money.