Medical Should I take virtual shadowing and clinical experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be a junior this year and I know I should really be starting to get my shadowing and clinical experiences in, but covid is making it really hard. There are some virtual shadowing programs going on with zoom calls between physicians and a group of students. Do you think that these will be viewed positively by the time I end up applying? I did get 40 hours clinical volunteering in the fall and 10 hours shadowing a nurse in a major hospital last summer, but I'm thinking opportunities may not start opening up for a full year. I am planning on taking a gap year to do applications, but I know I should have much more experience by the time I apply in 2 years. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Dude! Sounds like a great opportunity to get some shadowing experience. I'm surprised zoom shadowing hadn't been thought of before. And you'll have something great to talk about if there's still a covid-19 essay next year.

I think I would suggest getting some non-clinical volunteering in as a big gap that I see, but maybe I just don't know all of your activities.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.