Should I tutor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyman22336

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm possibly gonna be hired as a tutor for math and science...Generally for college algebra and calculus I'll be good, as well as Organic Chemistry 1, but I don't know about pre-calculus or gen chem 1 and 2 as weird as that may seem, since I haven't taken them in so long. I'm a little hesitant because I know I can figure out how to do it but I'm not so great at it. I need to review my material. I wanna add this to my application to pharmacy school, but at the same time I'm gonna retake pre-cal, chem 2, and I'm taking genetics, so I don't know if working 20 hours a week is a good idea. I wanna apply for 2012 pharmacy school.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm possibly gonna be hired as a tutor for math and science...Generally for college algebra and calculus I'll be good, as well as Organic Chemistry 1, but I don't know about pre-calculus or gen chem 1 and 2 as weird as that may seem, since I haven't taken them in so long. I'm a little hesitant because I know I can figure out how to do it but I'm not so great at it. I need to review my material. I wanna add this to my application to pharmacy school, but at the same time I'm gonna retake pre-cal, chem 2, and I'm taking genetics, so I don't know if working 20 hours a week is a good idea. I wanna apply for 2012 pharmacy school.

Sometimes as a tutor, you tend to review material you have learned a long time ago before helping someone with it. Are you going to be tutoring the same person or the same group over a long period of time, or is it like at a designated place at school where anyone comes in for help?

Sometimes as a tutor, you tend to review material you have learned a long time ago before helping someone with it. Are you going to be tutoring the same person or the same group over a long period of time, or is it like at a designated place at school where anyone comes in for help?

It's a designated place @ school where anyone comes in for help. Also, tutoring appointments can be scheduled. But generally, people walk in for help when they need it.