Should I tutor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

smileyman22336

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm possibly gonna be hired as a tutor for math and science...Generally for college algebra and calculus I'll be good, as well as Organic Chemistry 1, but I don't know about pre-calculus or gen chem 1 and 2 as weird as that may seem, since I haven't taken them in so long. I'm a little hesitant because I know I can figure out how to do it but I'm not so great at it. I need to review my material. I wanna add this to my application to pharmacy school, but at the same time I'm gonna retake pre-cal, chem 2, and I'm taking genetics, so I don't know if working 20 hours a week is a good idea. I wanna apply for 2012 pharmacy school.
 
I'm possibly gonna be hired as a tutor for math and science...Generally for college algebra and calculus I'll be good, as well as Organic Chemistry 1, but I don't know about pre-calculus or gen chem 1 and 2 as weird as that may seem, since I haven't taken them in so long. I'm a little hesitant because I know I can figure out how to do it but I'm not so great at it. I need to review my material. I wanna add this to my application to pharmacy school, but at the same time I'm gonna retake pre-cal, chem 2, and I'm taking genetics, so I don't know if working 20 hours a week is a good idea. I wanna apply for 2012 pharmacy school.

Sometimes as a tutor, you tend to review material you have learned a long time ago before helping someone with it. Are you going to be tutoring the same person or the same group over a long period of time, or is it like at a designated place at school where anyone comes in for help?
 
Sometimes as a tutor, you tend to review material you have learned a long time ago before helping someone with it. Are you going to be tutoring the same person or the same group over a long period of time, or is it like at a designated place at school where anyone comes in for help?

It's a designated place @ school where anyone comes in for help. Also, tutoring appointments can be scheduled. But generally, people walk in for help when they need it.