Should I use an old committee letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scrizzy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have graduated over 2 years ago and found that I am not eligible for a committee packet due to my science professor letters not being up to date. I recently found out that I have an old committee letter in interfolio using a few of the letters I am sending already and am wondering if I should use that one?

I am siding more on the NO side and I should send my letters individually, but want other opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

did you get updated letters from those science professors?
No, I haven't seen all of them over a year so I prefer to use the old letters than the new ones. The most recent letter I have of a science professor is in 2018, my school requires all letters to be dated 2019 with 2 of them being science.
While I do believe that they would be still willing to write me a new letter, I feel the old letters would be stronger due to me still being in their class and fresh on their minds.

What you can do is send them the old letter and ask that they update it. Med schools prefer to see updated letters

If the committee letter is current/2019 but one of the several appended letters is 2016-2017, is that okay? the others are all current

What you can do is send them the old letter and ask that they update it. Med schools prefer to see updated letters
Thank You! I didn't know you could send the letters to individual emails through interfolio. I always thought you can only send them to the application services. I'm shocked that you can do that though, it makes it extremely easy to bypass the confidentially agreement on interfolio...