Should I wait a year?

Started by xxDOCxx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xxDOCxx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

So, here my situation. I am currently a 4th year at UCLA, with a pretty good GPA (3.96). I was very confident about the whole application process until I became very sick back in February (I mean, REALLY sick, hospitalization and all). It took me pretty much until now to completely recover. I had to postpone my MCAT from April to July 8 (here is my first worry...I strongly believe that thsi will hurt my chances significantly since I won't get my score until August 12). I also had to drop one of my classes and thus have now a late drop on my transcript (I just wasn't able to take the final...I was still really sick and decided back then it was for the best to just drop. Now I feel like that was a horrible decision.) However, in my other classes for tat quarter I got a 4.0 (yay!). Now to my REALLY big problem. My husband just announced to me a couple of days ago, that I wasn't the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with...🙁. Needless to say, I am pretty down in the dumps. Not sure if I can endure the stress of applying, waiting and hoping or even studying for the MCAT right now. I am getting the feeling that this was just not meant to be happening this year. On the other hand, I am feeling like I am getting old (am 25, graduated from a European high school and then got married and moved here). Any thoughts?
Thanks all in advance!