Should I wait to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chizzle Frizzle

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've just received a job offer from a pharmacy to be a tech but i haven't started yet. I was wondering if I should wait to apply until after I've gotten ~2 weeks of experience so that it goes on my PharmCAS (which would realistically mean I apply at the end of September) or if I should apply now with my stats:

GPA: 3.76
PCAT: 91st percentile
Volunteering: 200+ hours with Habitat for Humanity, the Health Services on my Campus and so on...
Shadowing: I shadowed a doctor for ~150 hours back when I was pre-med (does that count for health-related experience?)

My dream school (UGA)'s deadline is December 1st and I don't want to apply to close to the deadline (I couldn't find out if it was rolling admissions or not) because of the time it takes PharmCAS to verify my info, plus LORs and others. But at the same time, I know how invaluable actual pharmacy experience is to adcoms.

Would it be worth it to wait? Or could I just put a future start date and hope the adcoms accept it? Does PharmCAS even allow you to put future start dates?

Members don't see this ad.

I've just received a job offer from a pharmacy to be a tech but i haven't started yet. I was wondering if I should wait to apply until after I've gotten ~2 weeks of experience so that it goes on my PharmCAS (which would realistically mean I apply at the end of September) or if I should apply now with my stats:

GPA: 3.76
PCAT: 91st percentile
Volunteering: 200+ hours with Habitat for Humanity, the Health Services on my Campus and so on...
Shadowing: I shadowed a doctor for ~150 hours back when I was pre-med (does that count for health-related experience?)

My dream school (UGA)'s deadline is December 1st and I don't want to apply to close to the deadline (I couldn't find out if it was rolling admissions or not) because of the time it takes PharmCAS to verify my info, plus LORs and others. But at the same time, I know how invaluable actual pharmacy experience is to adcoms.

Would it be worth it to wait? Or could I just put a future start date and hope the adcoms accept it? Does PharmCAS even allow you to put future start dates?

I think it does. Don't wait to apply the earlier the better. You can just explain it somewhere