Should I wait ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by JerseyBelle, May 25, 2002.

  1. JerseyBelle

    JerseyBelle Member

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2001
    Messages:
    41
    Likes Received:
    0
    I recieved an interesting letter in the mail a couple of days ago from UMDNJ-SOM. I was put on the alternate list, apparently I am acceptable. Since I interviewed in late May (5/20), I had a feeling I wouldn't get the red carpet treatment.
    I am still happy despite the letter because UMDNJ-SOM is my first choice for osteopathic medical school. My question is should I wait to reapply until I hear from the school or should I go ahead to AACOMAS and reapply?
    My MCAT scores will be at my door on the 20th of June (fingers crossed). Frankly, I am too much of a punk to pay $15US to find out sooner.
    Should I send these new scores (if they surpass the 21 I originally had) to UMDNJ-SOM, as well?

    Thanks for any advice...
    Belle
     
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. Doc Blondie

    Doc Blondie Member

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2001
    Messages:
    43
    Likes Received:
    0
    Definetly send your new scores to the school. also call up dr. wallace and ask him what he thinks you should do. thats the best person to ask. i hope this helps
     
  4. Dr JPH

    Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2000
    Messages:
    5,910
    Likes Received:
    31
    Status:
    Resident [Any Field]
    I would fill out the AACOMAS application again, just to have it ready.

    Forward your recent MCAT scores to UNDNJ.

    And, as the above poster said, call Dr. Wallace. From what I know through meeting him and talking to other people, he is very serious about helping students out. He will surely take the time to tell you what is the best thing to do in this situation.

    Best of luck to you!
     

Share This Page