Should I wait ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JerseyBelle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recieved an interesting letter in the mail a couple of days ago from UMDNJ-SOM. I was put on the alternate list, apparently I am acceptable. Since I interviewed in late May (5/20), I had a feeling I wouldn't get the red carpet treatment.
I am still happy despite the letter because UMDNJ-SOM is my first choice for osteopathic medical school. My question is should I wait to reapply until I hear from the school or should I go ahead to AACOMAS and reapply?
My MCAT scores will be at my door on the 20th of June (fingers crossed). Frankly, I am too much of a punk to pay $15US to find out sooner.
Should I send these new scores (if they surpass the 21 I originally had) to UMDNJ-SOM, as well?

Thanks for any advice...
Belle

Members don't see this ad.

Definetly send your new scores to the school. also call up dr. wallace and ask him what he thinks you should do. thats the best person to ask. i hope this helps

I would fill out the AACOMAS application again, just to have it ready.

Forward your recent MCAT scores to UNDNJ.

And, as the above poster said, call Dr. Wallace. From what I know through meeting him and talking to other people, he is very serious about helping students out. He will surely take the time to tell you what is the best thing to do in this situation.

Best of luck to you!