Should I wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kniles5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I just got accepted to MUSC. My Dad is a dentist and is totally excited that I am just interested in dentistry. I want to wrap the acceptance letter up with a MUSC DAD sweatshirt and give it to him for Christmas. Is it wrong to not call and tell him right now?

Members don't see this ad.

Kniles5 said:
Okay, I just got accepted to MUSC. My Dad is a dentist and is totally excited that I am just interested in dentistry. I want to wrap the acceptance letter up with a MUSC DAD sweatshirt and give it to him for Christmas. Is it wrong to not call and tell him right now?

That would be such a sweet gift. I dont' know if I could hold off that long but, if you can, do it! Congrats :thumbup:

don't wait... CELEBRATE!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice job on MUSC. You'll love Chuck-town. My family relocated to Kiawah Island, which is just south of Folly Island and Charleston. Spent a lot of time there and worked in a restaurant on the Market for a year. It gets hot as hell in the summer!
Plenty of unique and historic places to live around MUSC and the College of Charleston campus.
And check out Wild Wings Cafe. 33 different flavors of chicken wings and live music a few nights a week. Like you'll have time to enjoy it!! :laugh:

Congratulations!.... i had the same idea.. i actually framed my acceptance letters and wrapped it...

Thanks everyone!!! I am so excited. I think I am going to try to wait. I just will have to control myself and direct my attention to other projects. Only 10 days!!!! :)

Kniles5 said:
Thanks everyone!!! I am so excited. I think I am going to try to wait. I just will have to control myself and direct my attention to other projects. Only 10 days!!!! :)

You're gonna explode. :laugh:

When I told my mom about my acceptance she started to cry. If your family is emotional that will make for one interesting christmas morning.

my dad called me crying when he saw my acceptance letter in the mail! i def think you should wait. i'm sure that he'll be extra proud being a dentist himself. i did the same thing for my boyfriend with my undergrad (cause i was going to the same school as him) and i'm soooo glad i waited! let us know how it goes!

Kniles5 said:
You should definitely wait, I don't know if I could hold on to that news, but he couldn't ask for a better gift I'm sure.