1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Should I wait?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Kniles5, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Kniles5

Kniles5 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Okay, I just got accepted to MUSC. My Dad is a dentist and is totally excited that I am just interested in dentistry. I want to wrap the acceptance letter up with a MUSC DAD sweatshirt and give it to him for Christmas. Is it wrong to not call and tell him right now?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Audio

Audio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

That would be such a sweet gift. I dont' know if I could hold off that long but, if you can, do it! Congrats :thumbup:

4. syn_apse

syn_apse Registered Loser
    5+ Year Member

don't wait... CELEBRATE!!

5. Ronald Jeremy

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Nice job on MUSC. You'll love Chuck-town. My family relocated to Kiawah Island, which is just south of Folly Island and Charleston. Spent a lot of time there and worked in a restaurant on the Market for a year. It gets hot as hell in the summer!
    Plenty of unique and historic places to live around MUSC and the College of Charleston campus.
    And check out Wild Wings Cafe. 33 different flavors of chicken wings and live music a few nights a week. Like you'll have time to enjoy it!! :laugh:

6. eamonmon

eamonmon Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Congratulations, U Worked So Hard, And You Deserve It. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hungover:

7. darkwing

darkwing Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Congratulations!.... i had the same idea.. i actually framed my acceptance letters and wrapped it...

8. Kniles5

Kniles5 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks everyone!!! I am so excited. I think I am going to try to wait. I just will have to control myself and direct my attention to other projects. Only 10 days!!!! :)

9. beredsox2

beredsox2 The Anti Anti-Dentite
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

You're gonna explode. :laugh:

10. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    When I told my mom about my acceptance she started to cry. If your family is emotional that will make for one interesting christmas morning.

11. PickMe

PickMe Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

my dad called me crying when he saw my acceptance letter in the mail! i def think you should wait. i'm sure that he'll be extra proud being a dentist himself. i did the same thing for my boyfriend with my undergrad (cause i was going to the same school as him) and i'm soooo glad i waited! let us know how it goes!

12. JohnUNLV

JohnUNLV No longer brainwashed...
    5+ Year Member

You should definitely wait, I don't know if I could hold on to that news, but he couldn't ask for a better gift I'm sure.