Should I Wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meee123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had an interview on Feb 24, and the school said that we would hear back in one to two weeks. In four days, it will have been two weeks so I'm getting really worried. Is this usually a bad sign? Would it be bad for me to call the school and ask for my status before the two whole weeks are up? I want to show that I'm interested but I also don't want to pester the admissions committee.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I would wait until the end of 2 weeks. What school is this?

Call, what have you got to loose? if it is a yes, they may not tell you, but they will probably tell you if they need more info or have wait listed you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Call, what have you got to loose? if it is a yes, they may not tell you, but they will probably tell you if they need more info or have wait listed you.

I agree. I don't think calling would have any negative effects on your admissions decision. They may just tell you they have not finished the decision making process and at least you know then! But they didn't give you a very definite date, so I think it's perfectly appropriate to call. I would just let them know the date you interviewed and ask them for the status of your application - that's generic enough to not be pestering them.

Thanks for the responses you guys! It's for UHCO...still waiting :/

Thanks for the responses you guys! It's for UHCO...still waiting :/

Have you called them? I definitely would. I took my prereq's at UH and applied there, so I am pretty familiar with how slow they are on the admissions process. I don't want to freak you out that it's anything different than an acceptance, but they usually give letters of acceptance at the interview day if you are straight up accepted. They could be at the point of waitlisting people, or maybe they were waiting for something on your application still. I can guarantee you though that emailing/calling is completely fine and do it until you get a hold of a live person! Email both Debbie McGee and Dr. Shulman if you email. If you call, you'll probably reach Debbie. Those are the only two people regularly in the admissions office. Good luck!

not that I have hope, but i emailed UHCO in feb or jan and I got my app mailed in jul, they said they havent looked into it yet lOL.