Should I Worry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZooeyGlass

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i wouldnt be worried because
you still have a month
and if you are scoring low (which you are not) you can strengthen your weak area.
well, i should be worried becuase my test is in 2 weeks
and i have so much to improve (esp. verbal)

good luck

A lot of Kaplan materials are really hard. When you take their full-lengths, they make up for the hardness by giving you a nice curve, but this isn't comforting when all you see is a percentage.

It sounds like you've been very thorough in your content review. Your disappointing diagnostic and practice material performance is probably due to the fact that you're not used to MCAT style questions or MCAT pacing. My advice would be to take a few full-length practice tests right away and see where you are. You will probably be pleasantly surprised.

A lot of Kaplan materials are really hard. When you take their full-lengths, they make up for the hardness by giving you a nice curve, but this isn't comforting when all you see is a percentage.

It sounds like you've been very thorough in your content review. Your disappointing diagnostic and practice material performance is probably due to the fact that you're not used to MCAT style questions or MCAT pacing. My advice would be to take a few full-length practice tests right away and see where you are. You will probably be pleasantly surprised.

I agree. I took the Kaplan ones and felt like an idiot. Granted, I took them before studying much at all, but they make them hard to encourage people to enroll in their classes and buy their materials. If you haven't taken the official free practice #3 at e-mcat.com, do that and see where you're at.