Should I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vlcmstne04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a transfer student about to transfer to UC in the fall with a 3.29 overall GPA. I have gotten all my pre-req classes done at the JC and have been studding and taking practice dats scoring around the 20s. I really just wanted to know if it is worth my time and money to take the dats in august apply for early admission or is i am in a dream land. I feel like i am a little old at 25 and just transferring now i want to get my career and life for that much started. I have no ec activities however i did work while in school. Please let me know before i spend a bunch of money on a fools dream lol thank you

Members don't see this ad.

The fact that you took all your pre-reqs at community college with a 3.29 GPA does not bode well. Combine this with your application for early admission, and you have virtually no chance of admission. Go to UC, take a bunch of upper level science classes, kill the DAT, and you'll have a much better chance.

I took a ton of pre-reqs at a CC and got a 2.75. Transferred to a UC and got my butt in gear, 3.67 from the UC. got a 20/20/21 on the Dat, and applied in late Nov... got into NYU.

I would suggest that proving you can get good grades, and then kicking ass on the dat to show you know all the pre-req stuff is what you will need to get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a ton of pre-reqs at a CC and got a 2.75. Transferred to a UC and got my butt in gear, 3.67 from the UC. got a 20/20/21 on the Dat, and applied in late Nov... got into NYU.

I would suggest that proving you can get good grades, and then kicking ass on the dat to show you know all the pre-req stuff is what you will need to get in.

Did you even read the original post? OP wants to apply for early admission i.e. after only 2 years of college. It is well-known that you have to be at the top of top of the applicant pool to be even considered for early admissions.

OP - do not apply this summer. Go to UC, like I said, get good grades in upper level science courses and do well on the DAT. Apply after your 3rd or 4th year.

was writing before I was fully awake... Ya, dont apply early.

What's the current tuition fee at NYU? I heard it's one of the highest among all the private schools.