• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW

Should taking shelf exams at the end of MSII shorten your board prep time?

The Squid

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2005
Should studying for shelf exams and cumulative finals count as "boards study time"? I have to take the pathology and behavioral science shelf exams and a cumulative pharmacology final. I'm concerned about burning out on boards review and forgetting all the stuff I memorize early. I suck at memorizing but am really good with remembering concepts. If I work on the concepts now and try to have all concepts in first aid mastered before shelf exams, do you think I shorten my step 1 review since I will have just memorized all the path/pharm/behavioral science? Thanks for any input.

lord_jeebus

和魂洋才
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2003
GMT+9
  1. Attending Physician
I would, especially since you're ending with such high yield topics.

If you do particularly poorly on the shelf exams you could extend your study time at that point, but don't plan on that. I think it would be best to figure out how you can cover the rest of the material as efficiently as possible so that you retain as much as you can from these courses.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.