Should you ask for a daily minimum?

Started by luisfigo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

luisfigo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have 2 offers currently coming straight out of school, 30% production is the pay for both, one of them offered a 6 month daily minimum to start, not sure if they are W2 contracts or just independent contractor jobs yet. A friend of mine has a permanent daily minimum and says that 10-20% of his paychecks are from daily minimum, and this guy produces about 1.2 million or so a year as an associate. I was just shocked that he'd get paid the minimum so frequently as productive as he is. I'm just curious how common getting paid the minimum is and if I should ask for a permanent daily minimum.
 
Yes, ask for a minimum. If the job is paying you a minimum, like $700/day, they will be motivated to give you a schedule that would be productive.