Shout out to everyone here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mentos

Half full member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone here for all your great financial advice especially BMB, wagrxm, WVU, pez, momus, mssteph and whoever else I missed and sorry if I botched your names. Despite the bickering and trolling, I feel that we all want to help each other do well financially and live a better life when this pharmacy gravy train ends.

I never knew what I was doing with investing before but I feel like things are coming along well now. My loans are paid off, I bought my forever home and my retirement accounts have been maxed for a couple years. Now I'm getting into investing with individual stocks in my taxable brokerage for fun/high risk. My accounts took a beating earlier this year but now they're higher than they've ever been. Just a few years ago, I would never have imagined I would have this much. I know some of you are already multimillionaires and I hope to get there too.

Thank you all for teaching us everything!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Happy for you bro.. I have about 60k in the market that I bought when the dow was 19k.. I was going to hold it for the next 20 years but I’m thinking about selling it on Friday.. I can’t help
Myself, I have over 10k profit ready for the taking.

I have a strange feeling that we are about to go red

Reactions: 1 users
Happy for you bro.. I have about 60k in the market that I bought when the dow was 19k.. I was going to hold it for the next 20 years but I’m thinking about selling it on Friday.. I can’t help
Myself, I have over 10k profit ready for the taking.

I have a strange feeling that we are about to go red

I keep hearing that too. Not really sure what to do now. APPL and TSLA slip like 1% for a day and everyone freaks out LoL.

Members don't see this ad :)
The whole reason I started investing into taxable index, maxing out 401k, Roth IRA, HSA and putting my savings into Ally Instead of freaking Bank of America was reading that investment thread..

Before then, all I did was matching my company’s 401k contribution and playing around with few individual stocks.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
My post singlehandedly caused the stock market to plummet these last 2 days. My bad!

Everybody here is great to work with.

What is the abbreviated version of what you guys have learned? I'm just getting started in the investment world. I also hope to get where some of those guys are eventually.

Everybody here is great to work with.

What is the abbreviated version of what you guys have learned? I'm just getting started in the investment world. I also hope to get where some of those guys are eventually.

for me, it is picking an asset allocation that you are willing to live with for pretty much the rest of your life. Probably the hardest thing to do especially when you see your assets circling the drain.

Reactions: 1 users