sibling legacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

INFNITE

mmm....doughnut
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My sister is currently a 3rd year Dental student at Columbia. She's done extremely well there, and I was just wondering, how much would that play into my advantage if I applied there? Should I really emphasize that fact during my interview? I have my interview on 1/27 and I feel my stats are pretty decent. 3.34 GPA at Cornell, and 23ish DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

INFNITE said:
My sister is currently a 3rd year Dental student at Columbia. She's done extremely well there, and I was just wondering, how much would that play into my advantage if I applied there? Should I really emphasize that fact during my interview? I have my interview on 1/27 and I feel my stats are pretty decent. 3.34 GPA at Cornell, and 23ish DAT.

I cannot say for sure, but I'm somewhat pretty sure that your sibling legacy will help you. The reason based on an alumni legacy is once your kid is in school, parents are more willing to give their money (according to stats). Columbia might think that two kids, MORE MONEY~~!!!!

BTW, I'm sure you can get into Columbia w/o your sibling legacy. ;)

swanlake said:
BTW, I'm sure you can get into Columbia w/o your sibling legacy. ;)

i agree. i just got in and your stats are almost identical to mine :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
My bro is at UPENN. During my interview there, They emphasized on the fact that my bro is there not me. I even didnt mention it at all.
I think it helped me alot... so good luck

I agree... you should mention it if they don't. The fact that your sister goes there could only help... could you imagine that actually hurting you?!? ;)

Yea, and weaving it in regular conversation is a good way to get their attention. Subtlety is key, but I am sure I am just being Captain Obvious here.