Sick of scouring the SDN annals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sundown

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can't find too many people with similar stats... 3.62 GPA (ivy), 34S mcat, biophysics concentrator, research, etc. ... anybody with a similar profile who has applied ... where ya been accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

you know what?

it doesn't matter!

those numbers are great.

if you write a decent essay and have good recs, you should get in somewhere. pick your schools wisely, with a wide range.

the rest is fate.

I had very similar stats (bit lower gpa: same MCAT) and had multiple acceptances, and withdrew from multiple waitlists. As vyc noted, it really doesn't matter. I've heard of people with lower stats doing much better than I did, and people with better stats getting in nowhere. It all comes down to your essays and letters of rec. at this point. Don't worry about a thing...you should be fine. Take care.

Members don't see this ad :)
As vyc and Darwin said, you're fine. You should be able to apply to a wide range of schools and have a decent chance at a number of them.

Good luck.

I can only echo the previous two posters -- I had a similar background and stats (lower GPA though), and had multiple acceptances. Apply to a wide range of schools and you should be fine.

vyc hit the bulls-eye on this one. The fact that you are an ivy-league-er impresses only one person: you. Good stats though!!

it doesn't seem like (s)he was being pretentious, just curious. goodluck feller (or fellete)
-jot

if it makes you feel any better shek, it is the worst ivy

thanks for the feedback though guys, i just think i'm in a tweener zone as far as top schools, but... that's cool, it's good to rock out sometimes... makes things more interesting

Sundown -- you're definitely not a "lock" for all of the top schools (very few people are), but based on your stats alone, assuming the rest of your application is solid, you should be in a position to get a few interviews at some of the "top" schools. You might be surprised though -- some of the "lower-ranked" schools may impress you more than you imagine.

It sounds like you're in a good position. It may be hard to hear this, but you've done what you can, so at a certain point you just have to relax and see what happens -- much of it is out of your hands at this point (except for the remaining secondary essays and the interview preparation).

Once again best of luck and keep us posted!!!