Sick to my stomach...is OB/GYN that bad???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

In my personal subjective opinion, unequivocally yes.

Now, despite the careful and evenhanded wording of that statement, watch the flame-attacks begin...
 
I don't think so. I would've never thought about going into Ob/Gyn until my 3rd year rotation. I think everyone has a different take (obviously) and that's fine. I think now that I'm a 4th year and more secure in knowing what I want to do with my life, I don't feel the need to flame other specialties, even the ones that I just hated rotating through. Bottom line is you need to pick something that you are genuinely interested in...not the most competitive/prestigious/lucrative field just because you got a great Step I. Once you choose what you want, and are happy with that decision, I think all the name calling and negatives don't have as much of an impact.