Side hustle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NorthTexasPharmacist

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I was thinking about different passive incomes and ran into Kajabi while doing some research. Has anyone made any courses through them or used it?

I feel like some of you may have made a tutorial for pre-pharms. Baiting to go to pharmacy school lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can pay down your student loans. That's guaranteed 2-5% return.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can pay down your student loans. That's guaranteed 2-5% return.
I'm on PAYE. No need to pay it off at this point. Extending it out as much as I can is actually saving me money in $100k's.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm on PAYE. No need to pay it off at this point. Extending it out as much as I can is actually saving me money in $100k's.

im sure you are saving some money at the end but you're also losing 10% of whatever extra income you get from your side hustle

correct me if im wrong but isn't PAYE about 10% of your discretionary income?
Ah that's what you were talking about. Yes, correct, PAYE is based off of your income. Even with that, you're still saving alot more with PAYE. If one was to pay off $250k loan in 10- 15 years, the total amount with interest would end up being close to $400k, possibly more. If you're on PAYE for 25 years, on a regular pharmacist salary the loan payment comes out to be $700ish per month I think. This could change based on having kids and other factors where it could actually go down. You're paying roughly $200k for the life of the loan or possibly less. Even with the tax bomb, you're still paying much much less. With inflation considered, no one should pay off the loans if the amount you're paying off is set i.e. PAYE. This is why US government will never pay off their debt.

How much is the expected tax bomb?
No one knows. lol. Income driven plans started about 10 years and no one has reached the 20-25 year mark. There is a talk of tax bomb only on the interest or the whole amount forgiven. Last time I heard, it will depend on who's sitting in the White House when it happens. lol.

Hi,
I’ve been trying to come up with a side hustle for a long time.
I have 2 things in mind that I think I can do - sewing items and selling online and tutoring. It’s not the most creative but it’s in the works and I wanna pay off my loans ASAP even if it’s just a little extra each month. There is a podcast that I listen to about side hustles and it’s a load of examples everyday that others can replicate: side hustle school by Chris guillebeau .. very entertaining and inspiring

*shameless plug* If you are interested in checking my tutoring services and credentialing.. this is a draft of the site I’m trying to use and welcome any feedback on how to improvePharmer Kendra

thanks and good luck

I was thinking about different passive incomes and ran into Kajabi while doing some research. Has anyone made any courses through them or used it?

I feel like some of you may have made a tutorial for pre-pharms. Baiting to go to pharmacy school lol.

Reactions: 1 user