Sigma Alpha Lambda

Started by Haiwon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Haiwon

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there was a previous post about Greek fraternity, but I was wondering if holding a position in an honor society would be enhance my application to pharmacy schools. The organization is centered around community service.
I have been volunteering in the pharmacy for almost 2 years and wondered if I needed other ec activities. Please let me know what you guys think!
 
What kind of pharmacy do you volunteer in? I need to get that started...is it a hospital? How did you get that going?

Thanks!

Oh and I would think holding a leadership position in almost any organization would strengthen your application. It surely couldn't hurt. I was an officer in my sorority and I definitely feel like I learned from the experience.
 
I called the volunteer service at Baptist Hospital of Miami and told them I wanted to be in the pharmacy area. That's the only ec activity I have for now and be graduating next year. Oh I also passed the pharm tech exam but haven't used it yet.