sigma problems on pcat?

Started by Phlame217
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Phlame217

PGY-1 IM
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was talking to a friend earlier today who took the pcat just a week or so ago and she was saying that there was sigma notation on it such as:
Sigma_Notation_gr_14.gif

or
Sigma_Notation_gr_21.gif

Is that true or was she maybe confused with the integral sign?
 
Hi,
I was thinking about posting the same question. What are these sigma problems called so I can look them up in a math book. I searched the kaplan material and couldn't find it so far. Unless this this is standard deviation. Also, anybody know how to solve a problem where you have a sigma and then one number above and one number below it. No equation next to it and nothing like k= or i= just a number above and below.

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad