Signautre for LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manifesto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm using Interfolio to collect my letters of recommendations. I have clicked signature required for all requests.

From what I understand, Interfolio simply lets the writer know that the student selected signature required. And then there is a page where the writer can physically write his signature using his mouse. That image can then be inserted to the .doc file or .pdf file by the writer.

This seems like a steps so I'm worried if my professor actually did this.

Since these letters are confidential, is there no way for me to be sure that the writer included his signature?
My teacher is half way across the world for a while and I won't be able to contact him.

From what I've seen on requirement pages of schools though, they just need the letter to be confidential. No indication that it needs to include a signature.

Members don't see this ad.

I think there's no way for you to confirm whether there was a signature included, unless you want to ask your professor. I also think that it is customary to include a signature on a recommendation letter. I'm on a board that gives out scholarships, so I've seen recommendation letters and I've never seen one without a signature.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think there's no way for you to confirm whether there was a signature included, unless you want to ask your professor. I also think that it is customary to include a signature on a recommendation letter. I'm on a board that gives out scholarships, so I've seen recommendation letters and I've never seen one without a signature.

Thanks. Yeah I've emailed him but he's in the Arctic right now. I did make sure to tell all my other teachers that have not finished writing me recs yet to include a signature and to notice that I checked signature required on Interfolio. I asked an extra teacher for a letter in case anything came up so good thing I did that.

I am pretty sure someone here mentioned on these boards that you can call interfolio and they can look at the content of the letter to make sure that everything is there.

Reactions: 1 user
I am pretty sure someone here mentioned on these boards that you can call interfolio and they can look at the content of the letter to make sure that everything is there.

Yup just called. It's on there!