Signing an NDA before viewing clinic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

interjectionreflection

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I I'm finishing my fellowship and was recommended for a job at a clinic. I had a phone interview with them today which went very well. They asked me to come see the facility in person at the end of the interview and had mentioned that they would like me to sign an NDA before seeing the clinic at the end of the interview. I'm very new to this and I'm not sure if this is the norm. My question is, I'm not sure what can be confidential/proprietary in a clinic setting and if I sign this NDA I'm afraid this may preclude me from opening my own clinic or joining practice with someone else because the NDA States I cannot share things that I learned in confidence in their clinic which include things like billing, software, booking, emr, assessments,procedures, techniques etc basically everything you need to have a clinic going. I've never been exposed to something like this before just wanted to get the thoughts of those more experienced than me and if this is the standard of practice? This is the first clinic that's asked me to sign this but I'm not sure if this is normal. Any insight is much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Standard. Any big enterprise will ask you to sign an NDA. I have been asked to sign one twice when observing cases at large for profit groups/ institutions. I don’t know how it protects them but I’m sure it makes their lawyers appear to be protecting their interests.

I wouldn't worry about it. A NDA is so you don't go telling the clinic down the street all the super-sweet stuff that this clinic is doing. It won't stop you from DOING anything similar in your own clinic.

Only thing I can think of is if they are using some proprietary software and you build your own software that copies it or something similarly outlandish.

Members don't see this ad :)
NDA is not an NCA.
It won't/ should not preclude you from opening your own practice in the future.
I will be more concerned of an NCA agreement.
Always get copies of anything you sign, perhaps bring to your trusted atty.

Best luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.