Silly Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grouphug

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished all my secondaries and am waiting for interview invitations. My question is, will all interview invitations be emailed to me? I know this is a silly question, but some of the schools I'm applying to say it is my responsibility to check on the status of my application, so does that include checking to see if I have an interview invite?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished all my secondaries and am waiting for interview invitations. My question is, will all interview invitations be emailed to me? I know this is a silly question, but some of the schools I'm applying to say it is my responsibility to check on the status of my application, so does that include checking to see if I have an interview invite?

Thank you in advance!

In my experience, yes. However, it is unlikely that they'll mail the invite with a <1 week notice, so checking your status weekly is recommended (furthermore, it'll let you know if you're missing specific prereq classes or LORs or whatever other infos they need from your secondary).

Thank you in advance!

Some will give you a phone call (either in lieu of or in addition to an email). I think at least one or two schools I applied to last year required you to check their website and did not email application status updates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your responses! I will check my applications every week. It seems a little silly that I would have to do that, when they could simply send me an email notification or call. I understand the idea that "if you are really dedicated to medicine / fit to be a doctor, you should be able to check up regurarly," but what happened to common courtesy? (Aka, they could spend a couple seconds sending me an email rather than making me log in to all my schools, spending about 30 minutes a week navigating)

Not complaining :), just seems like an obvious fix to me. No one even has to spend the few seconds writing the email, it could just be automated. Hopefully this will be changed for future applicants: the process of applying to medical school is already strenuous :)

Also, some schools, like Vanderbilt, will send you notifications in the mail.