Silly Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArcherM2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If had a crappy frosh year, but did fairly well soph/junior, (2.90 frosh, 3.21 junior/senior), do you think that ADCOMS consider me a 3.2 student, for a 3.1. In otherwords, will they disregard the slow start even though it is not a ridiculously good upward trend?

I apologize for the gpa question, it's just that i'm addicted to MDapplicants.com and am just wondering where the adcoms consider me.

Members don't see this ad.

ArcherM2 said:
If had a crappy frosh year, but did fairly well soph/junior, (2.90 frosh, 3.21 junior/senior), do you think that ADCOMS consider me a 3.2 student, for a 3.1. In otherwords, will they disregard the slow start even though it is not a ridiculously good upward trend?

I apologize for the gpa question, it's just that i'm addicted to MDapplicants.com and am just wondering where the adcoms consider me.

I don't mean to be rude, but you really need to take your time a bit more when you write. Your post is very disjointed and I am not sure I even understand what you are asking and explaining. I assume by "frosh" year you mean freshman? Then you said "did fairly well soph/junior", and immediatly followed that by " (2.90 frosh, 3.21 junior/senior). soph/junior and junior/senior do not correspond, and what happened to the freshman year, which I think is what you are asking about in the first place? Maybe by "frosh" you mean freshman AND sophmore combined?

I have no idea what you mean by "do you think that ADCOMS consider me a 3.2 student, for a 3.1." What are you talking about, I don't understand this at all?

In response to your question "will they disregard the slow start even though it is not a ridiculously good upward trend?" I don't think that is much of an upward trend really, but any upward trend is better than a plateau(sp?) or, of course, a downward trend. I am confused as to what your overall gpa and sciance gpa are, and that information would be helpful in giving you an educated opinion on this. Also, what is your MCAT score, that plays a big role in the application process and, if you scored well, it can help with offsetting a lower gpa?

As for your explanation of "I apologize for the gpa question, it's just that i'm addicted to MDapplicants.com and am just wondering where the adcoms consider me" Again, I do not mean to be rude, but:
1. What does being addicted to MDapplicants.com have to do with your question?
2. Nobody really knows "where the ADCOMS consider you"(whatever that means) except for the ADCOMS. However, I would be happy to give you an educated opinion or advice if you could take your time and explain your situation and question a little more clearly. I wish you the best of luck :luck:

frosh is a typical shorthand way of saying or writing freshman. its a pretty common expression.

this person might be a senior and has 3 years of grades, freshman, sophomore, and junior.

as far as the answer, the only time they really "look" at you as a number is during pre-screening for cutoffs, either way you'd be above all cutoffs. the rest is the total package, so you need a decent MCAT score, LORs, EC's and good essays to keep going.

but personally its not gonna come across as a huge upward trend, so they're gonna see that more so as just being consistent. they never completely disregard a year of work.

Really, the difference between a 3.2 and a 3.1 student usually ain't much. You don't need to concern yourself with this type of useless analysis. You need to find ways to keep improving. Honestly, a 3.21 is not that huge of an improvement.