Silver linings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meoc22

Reaction score
Im a 3rd year student worried about so many things ive read in forums here. I actually couldnt sleep last night at all due to horrible things i read about the profession. I knew all of this before getting into it, but the panic really set in yesterday for some reason (pre-clinical year jitters?). Im tired of hearing about how awful and not worth it all is, its honestly depressing me before I even finish school.

Who has silver linings for the profession out there or actually enjoy their jobs? I need some neutral to happy stories please.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Im a 3rd year student worried about so many things ive read in forums here. I actually couldnt sleep last night at all due to horrible things i read about the profession. I knew all of this before getting into it, but the panic really set in yesterday for some reason (pre-clinical year jitters?). Im tired of hearing about how awful and not worth it all is, its honestly depressing me before I even finish school.

Who has silver linings for the profession out there or actually enjoy their jobs? I need some neutral to happy stories please.

There was a thread over in pre-vet that was on this topic a few months ago :)

I do enjoy my job. There are challenges to every job, and vet med is not immune. Are our challenges any better or worst than other challenges? I guess it depends on how you process them. You need to develop a coping strategy, but that will be true regardless of where you work and what you do. There are certainly some very unhappy people in vet med, but there are also plenty of happy people, too.

Is it worth it? That's up to you ultimately. Some people would say yes, others would say no.