Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Simple questions regarding AP/Dual Enrollment Credits

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by Jpatel2018, 09.28.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Jpatel2018

Jpatel2018 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hSDN
    Alumni
    I am a freshman in college, who took AP Calculus AB (Calculus 1) and Dual Enrollment ENG 101-102.

I am taking Calculus 2 this semester, and was wondering, should I take Calculus 3 next semester?

I am a Biochem major, and it is not required, but I am not sure if Med Schools will accept the AP Calculus credit. Same with the ENG 101-102, those are credits from an actual CC so I don't think I will have a problem with those credits when applying to med school but not so sure about the AP Calculus credit.

Or does it completely depend on a school to school basis?

Once again, this is probably a very simple question, sorry if I sounds like a noob.

Thanks,

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Afford

Afford

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Depends on the school. Some take AP and some don't. Also, some schools don't take CC credits for pre-reqs.

4. ThisCouldBeYou

ThisCouldBeYou

Pre-Medical
    In the AMCAS application, you'd mark off your AP credits, at least the ones that your college accepted. You will also need to get a transcript for the dual enrollment course and that grade will factor into your gpa.
    In terms of courses to take, don't bother taking any more Calculus courses. Med schools don't require that as they once used to. You should take a Statistics course. Take more english courses too. Looks like English/writing and humanities are increasingly showing up as requirements.

About the ads