Simulation Clinic / Bench Lab hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShimstockUser

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
For those schools with simulation clinics and / or bench labs, could you please post the hours your labs are open to the students? I noticed on another thread Maryland, I think, has 24 hour access to the simulation clinic. Also, for the extended hours available are you issued a key? My school has a few evening hours each weekday for both the simulation clinic and the bench lab. These areas are open to all, then locked by the lab monitor at the end of this time.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

MWU= Open pretty much 6am-midnight every day. Our ID cards open the doors to both the building and clinic itself. Getting practice time has not been an issue:)

At Penn, we only get to use the simulation lab during class. This used to be different, but apparently people were not taking care of the units. Rather unfortunate since 2 hours each session doesn't get you that much practice time, even with the 11 sessions we get. I'm literally about to leave for my last one right now - been having rotations in there since the beginning of the year.

On the other hand, the preclinical lab is basically always open as long as the school is - ~7am to midnight I think?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sim and Tech lab are 6am to Midnight. Word on the street is that if you're in the lab after midnight it's ok, but the doors are just locked to get in.

ID Card Access to Labs and Building

University of Toronto only allows practice time for two hours on Monday night between 5-7. It actually really sucks, I wish I could have more practice time.

University of Toronto only allows practice time for two hours on Monday night between 5-7. It actually really sucks, I wish I could have more practice time.

That is, after you beg and plead and ask for favours from the lab staff.

I'm not bitter at all.

Iowa is open 5-8pm M-Th only. No weekends unless something special is arranged before a practical exam for that class only. No keys or anything, it is already open for this time.

USC:

Weekdays - 7am to midnight.
Weekends - 9am to 5pm (sometimes closed due to CE courses but we are given schedule at beginning of semester).

Maryland
Weekdays: 7am-11pm
Weekend: 11am-6pm