SINGLE in pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starsweet

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like most people in pharmacy school are either married or about to be married or have a significant other. I feel like I'm the only one who is single and it kinda scares me! :laugh: I don't know if I will ever meet anyone because I feel like most people will be younger than me. I'm 25. Does anyone else feel this way?

Members don't see this ad.

The average age in my class is 24, I don't think you'll have any problem finding people your own age.

Depending on whether you are a male or female, your odds will go up when it comes to dating! :laugh: I think there are way more single guys in our class than there are single girls.

my advice is to get involved and go to meetings outside of school

you will meet a ton of people and the majority of the people i know are single and in the mid to late 20s (and a vast majority of guys)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm female so I guess my odds go down. :laugh: Oh well.

ultracet, do you mean just to get involved in the city? Or are you talking about pharmacy conference type stuff? But yeah, I think I will have to make extra efforts to meet people.

My singleness becomes more of an issue to my family as I get older. I'm 26 now, and the females in my family have all been married by the time they were 22. I've often wondered if 1) it is possible to find someone my age while in pharm school and 2) is there really time to cultivate any relationship? Hmm. Food for thought.

pharmagirl said:
The average age in my class is 24, I don't think you'll have any problem finding people your own age.

Depending on whether you are a male or female, your odds will go up when it comes to dating! :laugh: I think there are way more single guys in our class than there are single girls.

I don't know who is single and who is not, but there are like 15-20 guys and 60-65 girls in my class (this kind of ratio is in almost every pharm. school). So the chance to meet a single guy is way lower than to meet a single girl.

starsweet said:

ultracet, do you mean just to get involved in the city? Or are you talking about pharmacy conference type stuff? But yeah, I think I will have to make extra efforts to meet people.

I think she meant the pharmacy conference. You get to meet many like minded people that will actually understand what you do and why it's important! There were over 2000 students at the convention and overall 7000 attendees, many of them single and available!

starsweet said:

i'm talking about conferences and such. most organizations have regional meetings as well as national meetings that offer a fantastic opportunity to meet other professionals and students.

starsweet said:
It seems like most people in pharmacy school are either married or about to be married or have a significant other. I feel like I'm the only one who is single and it kinda scares me! :laugh: I don't know if I will ever meet anyone because I feel like most people will be younger than me. I'm 25. Does anyone else feel this way?

OH YES, I can relate!! I am single and I have 3 roommies all seniors getting married this summer. And I have a typical Jewish Mother. So Yes, I am feeling your pain. But refuse to give up hope. Where o where are all the fine men??? :love:

I was single when I started pharmacy school and was worried about this too. Also almost all of the guys in my class were married or taken. After about two months I met my boyfriend through a fellow classmate. I was worried that I wouldn't have time to start a relationship but you find the time. My boyfriend works full time and is in school so we don't see each other as much as we'd like (maybe 2 days/wk if we're lucky) but since we both have stuff to do, it works for us. It's definately do-able. The key is just to go out and get involved in student organizations and such.

A lot of pharmacy schools are part of a larger medical complex. Go hang out with the hot docs and dentists. Its probably not a good idea to date someone you have to see every day in class anyway.

DownonthePharm said:
A lot of pharmacy schools are part of a larger medical complex. Go hang out with the hot docs and dentists. Its probably not a good idea to date someone you have to see every day in class anyway.

No is not a good idea to date people in your program unless you are at the end or you "know" that person is the one. I made the mistake when I completed a Masters degree. It is like high school all over again. Gossip and everyone in everyone's business. However, I am a guy and my school has a 80/20 ratio of girls to guys. So, you do the math. I think my odds of not hooking up with some lovely young woman is not in my favor. Oh well, things could be worse. I guess I am just doomed to repeat my previous actions. BTW, I am 26. (the late night study sessions are the ones that get you, BEWARE!)

konkan said:
I don't know who is single and who is not, but there are like 15-20 guys and 60-65 girls in my class (this kind of ratio is in almost every pharm. school). So the chance to meet a single guy is way lower than to meet a single girl.

I wish my school had a pharmacy program. :)

Hey, I'll be 21 & single when I enter pharmacy school in the fall. I now go to a college where 95% live on-campus and the atmosphere here is very social. It seems that all my friends who graduated said grad schools sucks, everyone is married, no social life (compared to undergrad), ect... Guys who have ignored me when I go to school with them (and since then graduated) are now talking me to online and seeming all interested! So yeah, I am worried, kinda...

starsweet said:

No you are a female your odds go up!

konkan said:

Hahaha...If thats the case, I think I'm gonna really enjoy pharmacy school!!

Last edited:
yatzek said:
im 26, single male, in pharm school... add me to your facebook! lol, anyone that has facebook should write their contacts here

I find all the people in my class are just turning 21 (in their 2nd year), so i wish i was at a school were there were older students

What school do you go to?

Last edited: