Singularity got me thinking...

Started by Nanon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nanon

An urban myth.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also went to a trade school in the early '90's, and I know for a fact that they are now defunct. They were accredited, and I took out a student loan to pay for it. But now? No transcripts to be had... so... now what?

Inquiring minds...

S.
 
I called AMCAS today and have spent the last hour and change getting this worked out. AMCAS said told me to first call the Board of Education. I did, and they told me to call the Department of Consumer Affairs. The department of consumer affairs told me that the department that handles private trade school stuff had been sunsetted last July, but that there was a website I could visit. www.bppve.ca.gov - Interesting website, to be sure. Apparently, at least in CA, all accredited schools are required to keep transcripts for 50 years, and if they go out of business, they have to have a custodian for said transcripts. For the place I went, that was the Department of Consumer Affairs - Transcripts. I just filled out a request. If they don't have my transcript, then I need to get a letter from the school. Which doesn't exist. I'm a little anxious about this, to be sure.

S.