Site organization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stephew

SDN Super Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This site should be the best community for those interested and inquiring into radonc. Towards that end, Id like to invite all to make suggestions about how to organize the forum in such a way to make the experience better. Any new threads you'd like to see? Any sub-folders? What ideas do you have.

Members don't see this ad.

Here are some suggestions that I think would be useful:

a) One thread with links to all program reviews over the years. This could help to answer questions like, "What do you think about the program at XXX?"

b) A sticky thread with the RadOnc resident directory (as we already have) that includes previous directories from previous ears.

c) Keep the RadOnc application thread stickied on the front page (it appears to have been moved)

I don't really think we need sub-folders. I'd say 95% of threads have to do with applying and the remainder have to do with issues for current residents. I would be happy to help with any of these, especially a).

1) I agree with the suggestions of GFunk6, although I feel that subfolders would be helpful. All of the topics about different programs could be grouped into individual folders. The vast majority of members in this forum do not post, but they read alot! Having the information on this forum organized would make things very efficient.

For example, someone recently made a post about "Emory RadOnc" program. This person was looking for general information about a program. If there was a subfolder called "Emory RadOnc", this person could look there to find answers, and would not have to post this question. Moreover, they could post program-specific questions directly in that school's folder, perpetuating the organization of the site.

I believe this would clean up the general forum and add to its organization. And let's be honest...the search feature on this site is not ideal, organization is essential.

2) I also agree with this one: "Keep the RadOnc application thread stickied on the front page." This is a very helpful resource for me as I navigate through medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Links to useful websites (ASTRO, RSNA, residency programs, etc) might be a helpful addition.

Not that I don't love SDN, but are there any other forums like this that are good for radonc hopefuls/residents/attendings?

maybe it would be helpful to have a sticky with explanations of commonly used Rad Onc terms that medical students who have not yet rotated through rad onc might have questions about before they actually do a rotation.