1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

SIU Acceptances?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Runnin Doc, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Runnin Doc

Runnin Doc SIU-SDM Dental Student
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I was just curious when SIU was going to send out their acceptances and how they do it. If you get one, let us know! Congrats to all that do!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. blue34

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    A friend of mine interviewed there a last week and she said they told her some of the accepted students will be called Dec 1st. The rest of them will be notified in a few weeks after the admissions committee meets after the Thanksgiving break.

3. myjessicarabbit

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I was there a week or two ago. They told me that they were going to meet after Dec. 1st to decide who was in or not. They stressed that they do not get together until after Dec. 1st so not to worry if I don't hear back ON Dec. 1st. Hope that helps :)

4. OP
    OP
    Runnin Doc

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Just to let everyone know... I called the admissions office today at SIU and Angela Pritchett told me that the committee was meeting today and acceptances are being sent out tomorrow. I did not ask if they were going to call, update AADSAS, or send it through the mail, but we should have some kind of answer fairly soon. Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Chesnok

Chesnok Waiting game has ended
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Now it makes sense to wait for Dec.2nd :)

Good luck

6. myjessicarabbit

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Just received a phone call a few minutes ago saying that that the comittee met and they made their decision. I checked AADSAS and the status is changed to "offer made"

I'm in :) Everyone at SIU is so friendly :)

7. kudental

Pre-Dental
    I just got a call as well. She said that the committee just met, so I assume they are still calling people. Good Luck.

This was my first choice, and I can't believe the long wait is finally over!

SIU-SDM '13

8. cubbiesftw

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I called and they said they are making calls right now, she told me they accepted me, and on AADSAS my status was updated to 'Offer made'. They said they will be sending mail out on Wednesday.

9. nashfan1332

Pre-Dental
    Yeah I just got a call around 4 saying I was in. They are extremely friendly there :).

10. OP
    OP
    Runnin Doc

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Also got the call at about 5! SIU-SDM class of 2013!!!