Runnin Doc

SIU-SDM Dental Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2008
Status
  1. Dental Student
I was just curious when SIU was going to send out their acceptances and how they do it. If you get one, let us know! Congrats to all that do!

blue34

10+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
Status
  1. Dental Student
A friend of mine interviewed there a last week and she said they told her some of the accepted students will be called Dec 1st. The rest of them will be notified in a few weeks after the admissions committee meets after the Thanksgiving break.

myjessicarabbit

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2008
Chicago
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
I was there a week or two ago. They told me that they were going to meet after Dec. 1st to decide who was in or not. They stressed that they do not get together until after Dec. 1st so not to worry if I don't hear back ON Dec. 1st. Hope that helps :)

About the Ads

Runnin Doc

SIU-SDM Dental Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2008
Status
  1. Dental Student
Just to let everyone know... I called the admissions office today at SIU and Angela Pritchett told me that the committee was meeting today and acceptances are being sent out tomorrow. I did not ask if they were going to call, update AADSAS, or send it through the mail, but we should have some kind of answer fairly soon. Good luck!

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status
  1. Dental Student
Now it makes sense to wait for Dec.2nd :)

Good luck

myjessicarabbit

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2008
Chicago
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Just received a phone call a few minutes ago saying that that the comittee met and they made their decision. I checked AADSAS and the status is changed to "offer made"

I'm in :) Everyone at SIU is so friendly :)

kudental

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2008
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
I just got a call as well. She said that the committee just met, so I assume they are still calling people. Good Luck.

This was my first choice, and I can't believe the long wait is finally over!

SIU-SDM '13

cubbiesftw

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2008
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
I called and they said they are making calls right now, she told me they accepted me, and on AADSAS my status was updated to 'Offer made'. They said they will be sending mail out on Wednesday.

Runnin Doc

SIU-SDM Dental Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2008
Status
  1. Dental Student
Also got the call at about 5! SIU-SDM class of 2013!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads