SIU orientation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaltom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm just curious if there are any students on SDN that are going to freshman orientation at the SIU dental school this Saturday, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I recieved a couple private messages regarding SIU. I tried to respond through private messages but I was having problems. :oops: Apologies, but I'll try to answer all your questions and keep your names confidential, as you want them.

To the first message: my stats ; I had a 3.47 GPA at UIC and a 18 PAT, 19 A.A. I did not interview, but I must have called them at least 50 times!

And as far as my impression of the school; I was highly impressed. The school is obsessed with the boards. The NBDE 1 pass rate is 100%. Not a single student has been kicked out in the 2007 class! Makes me a little less nervous about August. Also, each incoming freshman is given a sophomore peer advisor. Among other responsiblities, it is the job of the peer advisor to give the freshman all the exams and quizzes taken the past year. Some students admitted to me that they study solely from the old tests and manage to pull A's and B's. I am still an outsider though, and I don't want to give a wrong impression of the school. I'll be more accurate this fall. :)