SIU SOM Southern Illinois University School of Medicine Class of 2018 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

are102

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I just got my acceptance to SIU SOM on Friday. This was my top choice and I sent in my acceptance and got a confirmation email today. Anyways, I was hoping to meet any other people who will be in my class in the fall. I also cannot find a class of 18 facebook page, so I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to make a page soon. So, for all who care my name is Abigail and I hope to meet you if you are going to be in my class in August!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Pasmal said in the other thread that the school sets up a Facebook group for us once it gets closer to the summer. I'm Nick and I'm equally as excited for August :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Abigail and Nick. My name is Jordan. Very excited to be part of the Class of 2018!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a boatload of information in my SIUMED e-mail that was setup with instructions I just got today via snail mail - looks like they got the facebook group setup and there's an orientation in June - see you there!

Thanks everyone! Sorry I haven't checked this forum in awhile. I just joined the facebook group and am excited to meet you all in June!

Can anyone link me to the Facebook group? I was just accepted last week.

Just got a boatload of information in my SIUMED e-mail that was setup with instructions I just got today via snail mail - looks like they got the facebook group setup and there's an orientation in June - see you there!
Whats the date of the orientation in June?

Friday, June 13 @ 7:30 AM in Carbondale

As they said page is up "Class of 2018 SIU SOM." Orientation is a blast, have fun getting to know each other! A bunch of us went to pinch the night before orientation and had a few beers in the garden outside, if you're looking for something to do I'd recommend that (just don't stay out toooo late). Also if you're looking for a hotel, the super 8 is close and good quality for the price if you split rooms ($30 a person ish) so message each other and try to buddy up. Feel free to message me with any questions you guys have, and congrats!!!!

MD Class of 2017