Siu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

etoolky1

Tooth girl
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
New User Here. Did Anyone Apply To Siu? Did You Get In? What Are Your Stats?

Members don't see this ad.

What's SIU? Southern Illinois University?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting undergrad at SIU :).

TravisP said:
I'm starting undergrad at SIU :).
HAVE YOU HEARD ANY RUMORS OR ANYTHING ABOUT THE DENTAL SCHOOL

etoolky1 said:
New User Here. Did Anyone Apply To Siu? Did You Get In? What Are Your Stats?

Yes, I applied to SIU and an offer was made. I sent my deposit money in. I am going to revisit the school next month.

I got accepted there, its a good school. I hear that they do very well on their boards.

grinningrice said:
I got accepted there, its a good school. I hear that they do very well on their boards.
aRE YOU GOING NEXT YEAR? WHAT ARE YOUR STATS? DO YOU HAVE ANY WORK EXPERIENCE? SORRY ABOUT ALL THE QUESTIONS. WHAT HAPPENED ON YOUR INTERVIEW? AND FINALLY WHY ARE YOU GOING BACK AGAIN?

studylikemad said:
Yes, I applied to SIU and an offer was made. I sent my deposit money in. I am going to revisit the school next month.
DID YOU HAVE AN INTERVIEW?

etoolky1 said:
DID YOU HAVE AN INTERVIEW?

Not an "official" interview. I visited the school in Aug. and met with one of the Deans, we chatted, and I found out some info, etc., and then had a tour.

etoolky1 said:
aRE YOU GOING NEXT YEAR? WHAT ARE YOUR STATS? DO YOU HAVE ANY WORK EXPERIENCE? SORRY ABOUT ALL THE QUESTIONS. WHAT HAPPENED ON YOUR INTERVIEW? AND FINALLY WHY ARE YOU GOING BACK AGAIN?
Whats with the creepy caps? ;-) I have a little experiance, Ive been a dental assistant since I was 16. I have a 3.6 cum, 3.3 science, 17/18 DAT score. They asked me questions during my interview, mostly, why did I apply to the schools I applied to. ANd I am not going back, I chose not to go to the school, because I liked another school better.

grinningrice said:
Whats with the creepy caps? ;-) I have a little experiance, Ive been a dental assistant since I was 16. I have a 3.6 cum, 3.3 science, 17/18 DAT score. They asked me questions during my interview, mostly, why did I apply to the schools I applied to. ANd I am not going back, I chose not to go to the school, because I liked another school better.
Congrats!!! :) Where are you going? Does SIU know you aren't going there?

studylikemad said:
Not an "official" interview. I visited the school in Aug. and met with one of the Deans, we chatted, and I found out some info, etc., and then had a tour.
What are your stats? if you don't mind me asking. Do you have any experience in the field?

I'm applying to some combined BS/DMD program there. All I need is a 3.3. GPA and a 18 DAT to be accepted. Three years undergrad, four years graduate.

Good luck with your rejection.

etoolky1 said:
What are your stats? if you don't mind me asking. Do you have any experience in the field?
A good friend of the family is an ortho ( he's well known in that specialty... ) and my brother is a dentist so I hang around his office. I did not take any review course but I got an 18 on the DAT and my GPA is 3.76 and in sciences a 3.84

TravisP said:
I'm applying to some combined BS/DMD program there. All I need is a 3.3. GPA and a 18 DAT to be accepted. Three years undergrad, four years graduate.

Good luck with your rejection.
Im doing undergrad in three years. I am getting my BA in psychology with a concentration in Behavioral Neuroscience, than four years of dental school :love:
etoolky1,
Ive been meaning to get around that and tell them Im not coming :oops: I put my deposit at Case Western, but I am still waiting on UIC.

grinningrice said:
Im doing undergrad in three years. I am getting my BA in psychology with a concentration in Behavioral Neuroscience, than four years of dental school :love:
etoolky1,
Ive been meaning to get around that and tell them Im not coming :oops: I put my deposit at Case Western, but I am still waiting on UIC.

Still waiting on UIC as well.