You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SIUE pharmacy school
Started by cation23
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Moved to the school-specific discussion forum.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nobody has any comments on this school at all??
I got accepted into four different programs and am very happy with my decision to attend SIUE SOP. Classes are small and professors are much more available than at other schools. It's very difficult coursework, yet the environment is much more nurturing and team oriented than the average school. We work hard and study together, but when there's a break we blow off a lot of steam together (if you understand). I've found it's a very good place to strike a balance between having a little bit of a life (not much though) and getting a good education.
They have also been slowly developing the research branch of the school. I'm personally going to be working for a medicinal chemist in the fall, though he has multiple areas of study so I don't know what specific one I'll be doing. At least one (probably more) work in conjunction with Wash U, which is a world renowned medical research institution.
How were you notified when you were invited for an interview?
Is there anyway to check the status of your application?
Should I call the office or is there a web link to research?
Is there anyway to check the status of your application?
Should I call the office or is there a web link to research?
I'm not sure. I interview the 10th, how about you?
I'm not sure. I interview the 10th, how about you?
The 13th. I've got a bright and early check in time of 7:45 am.
The 13th. I've got a bright and early check in time of 7:45 am.
Hah, so do I. Looks like I'll be running into you tomorrow. 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, everyone I also just got an email of my admission status. Unfortunately I was not accepted, but was placed on the waitlist at #7. So, there is still hope....
For the time being I'm going to try to be optimistic about it. I wish the best of luck to the rest of the people that got waitlisted. Just hang in there....
For the time being I'm going to try to be optimistic about it. I wish the best of luck to the rest of the people that got waitlisted. Just hang in there....Does anybody know how many people (total) are usually waitlisted per year?
Based on what the dean said when I was there, I think you're either accepted or you're waitlisted, but never actually rejected. Everyone is issued a position on the waitlist (unless of course you're accepted). I just contacted them and they said that they have been up to the 30's on the waitlist in the past, but never above that.
I was accepted but will be declining. Sort of annoyed me they wouldn't give an extension on acceptance as I am waiting to hear from other schools. That will free up a spot for someone.
^ Thanks Triguitarpharm for posting your decision. That really gives hope for the people on the waiting list.
And to everyone else on the waiting list, I talked to them today and they said that the lowest # they have contacted on the waiting list was 17, but usually they get around to the 20's and low 30's.
And to everyone else on the waiting list, I talked to them today and they said that the lowest # they have contacted on the waiting list was 17, but usually they get around to the 20's and low 30's.
I got accepted but am waitlisted to my first choice of schools. Congrats to those that have been accepted. To those on the waitlist keep your head up. The deadline is Friday for the deposits so I imagine the following week they will be notifying alot of you.
I declined my spot today. Was accepted to STLCOP. Hard choice but I will save money and be closer to home, seemed like a good school.
I was #23, and I got accepted =)^ Congrats.
Guess they haven't got to #28 yet. 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^ Congrats.
Guess they haven't got to #28 yet. 😛
Thanks. Well I hope they get to you. Good luck
Ya I was also looking for apartments, but couldn't really find one that suited me. I'll probably just end up living on campus. I think once they receive our deposit, they'll send us a packet about housing, but I'm not really sure.
The apartments around the school looked really old, and most of them are 2 bedrooms. I'll probably end up choosing the housing on-campus as well. But I was not sure which one to go for because it seems like some of them are for students with specific majors.
Hey everyone,
I'm a Junior at SIUE and well be starting in the pharmacy school in the fall. I see some of you are from outside the SIUE undergrad community, and have some questions
If you have any questions that you want answered, feel free to email me.
[email protected]
Cya in the fall
I'm a Junior at SIUE and well be starting in the pharmacy school in the fall. I see some of you are from outside the SIUE undergrad community, and have some questions
If you have any questions that you want answered, feel free to email me.
[email protected]
Cya in the fall
Do most students live on-campus? I was trying to look for apartments around the campus but doesn't seem like there's much to pick. Should I live in one of the campus housing? Which housing is better??
The campus apartments are a ripoff and they are crap. Definitely look to live off campus.
They sent me a conformation email two days after they received my deposit (I know exactly when they received mine because I dropped it off instead of mailing it.) So I'd wait a day or two and then if you still haven't heard anything give them a call.
Thanks, but now you got me worried because the deposit was due yesterday and I mailed my deposit last tuesday. I also only live 2hrs away so, it definitely should have got there by now. I still haven't received a confirmation email or anything. I'll definitely call tomorrow.
If anyone else is looking for an off campus roommate, message me. I'd prefer to have a fellow pharmacy student so we can study together and have each other available for those late night last minute questions! My names Jimmy.
I think you still have a really good chance of getting an interview. Other than the verbal and reading sections your PCAT scores are excellent, your GPAs are all great, and you have a lot of fantastic extracurricular activities and experience. At the very least I think they'll want to meet and find out more about you.
Hey I an African American student from the south side of Chicago. I don't have the best Verbal abilities as shown by my PCAT scores. I have improved a great amount since attending purdue but I am worried that my scores and my inferior verbal ability will inhibit me from even getting an interview. I can communicate at an ok level now but I am still inferior to many of the other applicants.
I just want to know If you thought that I still had a chance to get into SIUE COP with my poor educational background.
Grades Chem major: I will have completed three years of my chemistry degree by spring 2014.
At Purdue University, I received A's in all pre-pharmacy coursework except Organic Chemistry 1 lab (C) and Physics 1(B+).
I worked a summer as a CNA in a nursing home. I also worked a summer as sterilization assistant in a dental clinic
I work as a Chem/Bio tutor at Purdue.
I have been a supplemental instructor for Organic 1(once in the Fall and once in the summer), Organic 2 this past summer, gen chem 115 and 116, I have even been the S.I. in A&P 1.
I am the president of the chem/physics club.
I volunteer at random events at the YMCA on the west side of Chicago. I also volunteer as a high school and middle school tutor in Gary Indiana at salvation army.
I have shadowed 1 5 hours at an independent pharmacy, and one 8 hour shift in a clinical pharmacy setting.
My cumulative G.p.a is 3.68, Prepharm gpa 3.74, math science gpa 3.69.
Pcat scores: Biology 89, Verbal 18, Reading 26, Chemistry 93, Quantitative 72, Writing 3(average 3.4 i believe).
Please let me know if it is till possible for me to get an interview at SIUE COP with the above stats.
Why does it matter if your African American?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K