Program-Specific Info / Q's SJSU MSOT 2024-2025 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kermiiit

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I didn't see a new thread for the upcoming cycle for SJSU!

How is everyone's application process going? I'm currently trying to submit my OTCAS application asap. Does anyone know how soon we should start mailing our documents to the department? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Thanks for making this thread! I'm going to be mailing my documents to the department as soon as I receive them all. I'm aiming for a week before October 1st so the department can have all of my documents by the time applications open. Have you submitted the OTCAS application yet? If so, how long did it take for them to process it? Unfortunately I have a professor that still has to submit my letter and a transcript from a community college to process and I'm worried for the application process time after I submit those.

I haven't yet as I'm still trying to perfect my personal statement :,) but I heard processing can take anywhere from a few days to a month. I can let you know once I do! I believe you can still submit the application even if your letter of recs or transcripts are in progress!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking, how long is your personal statement? I'm unsure if there is word count limit. Mine is currently 792 and I feel like it might be too long because I've seen others say around 500 words is recommended.

Mine is roughly 900 words, so I definitely need to reduce it. I saw on other threads that SJSU accepts up to 2 pages, so I think you should be okay. Do you happen to know if they read the one uploaded on OTCAS or the one mailed in?

I submitted my OTCAS application! Hopefully it gets verified quickly. I'm not too sure which one they'll read but I'm thinking maybe the one we mail in since SJSU says we can make changes to the personal statement after we submit it to OTCAS. I don't see why they would say that if they were just going to read the OTCAS one.

Awesome, I hope it gets verified soon! That sounds right, thank you for your help.

If anyone was wondering, I submitted it Thursday 08/29 around 4:30 PM and it was verified 09/02 at 9:30 AM, so it was relatively quick.