Program-Specific Info / Q's SJSU MSOT 2023-2024 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I accepted the OTD program. I hope you hear back from the masters soon so you can make your final decision!
What made you decide to choose the OTD over MSOT?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

Has anyone heard back from admissions yet? I sent in my application early October and was just curious if there's any news of them sending out acceptances. Good luck to everyone! I applied to the OTD program as well, so I hope I hear back soon, although I applied kinda late.

Hi everyone!

Has anyone heard back from admissions yet? I sent in my application early October and was just curious if there's any news of them sending out acceptances. Good luck to everyone! I applied to the OTD program as well, so I hope I hear back soon, although I applied kinda late.
I applied on Sept 19 and received my acceptance into the OTD program Oct. 4th (came to realize it is very expensive). I am hoping and still waiting on MSOT!! fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance too! Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Best of luck to everyone!! You got this 💗 I look forward to seeing more posts!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When you guys log into your SJSU accounts, does your Status of Application say "Refer to grad department/provisional"
I assume this means they will need you to send in your final transcripts eventually.

When you guys log into your SJSU accounts, does your Status of Application say "Refer to grad department/provisional"
I assume this means they will need you to send in your final transcripts eventually.

Ya it does, I assumed it meant that they sent it off to the OT dept. which is why Gigi emailed us, and the status will eventually change.

Ya it does, I assumed it meant that they sent it off to the OT dept. which is why Gigi emailed us, and the status will eventually change.
yes, I got a follow-up email today from Gigi today and I understand now!

Has anyone who has been accepted so far had an update to their San Jose student account? Mine still has the referred to grad dept still. Could it be because their still notifying and waiting till the end of the week to process and then starting more acceptance starting the new week? I know I am overthinking this.

Has anyone who has been accepted so far had an update to their San Jose student account? Mine still has the referred to grad dept still. Could it be because their still notifying and waiting till the end of the week to process and then starting more acceptance starting the new week? I know I am overthinking this.
I know me too! it still doesn't feel real. My guess is that it will change when the final transcripts are sent in with a degree posted and any remaining prerequisites completed. And mine does still may "refer to grad department-provisional"

Hi everyone! I submitted my application in late October, but I also recently got accepted in CSUDH, but their semester starts in January. I have already "accepted" my position with them, but I would strongly consider going to SJSU instead if I were accepted, since I am from the Bay Area. I also want to be respectful of CSUDH and not back out on them too close to their semester starting. Would anyone know when I can expect to hear back from SJSU, given that I applied a few weeks after the application opened? Thanks!

Hi everyone! I submitted my application in late October, but I also recently got accepted in CSUDH, but their semester starts in January. I have already "accepted" my position with them, but I would strongly consider going to SJSU instead if I were accepted, since I am from the Bay Area. I also want to be respectful of CSUDH and not back out on them too close to their semester starting. Would anyone know when I can expect to hear back from SJSU, given that I applied a few weeks after the application opened? Thanks!
Was accepted this past weekend and my application was verified mid October. I'm sure it depends, but maybe expect to hear back the next couple weeks?

For those accepted, did you guys receive an 'official letter of conditional acceptance'? Is that like physical mail or another email?

Has anyone that has been accepted so far into the MSOT program 2024 received a new status update? My newest update status was last night: Administrative Decision, anyone else? I do not know what that means.
Are you referring to mySJSU?

Was accepted this past weekend and my application was verified mid October. I'm sure it depends, but maybe expect to hear back the next couple weeks?
Congrats on your acceptance! Was this for OTD or MSOT? Would you mind sharing your stats for those of us still anxiously waiting?

Has anyone that has been accepted so far into the MSOT program 2024 received a new status update? My newest update status was last night: Administrative Decision, anyone else? I do not know what that means.
if you are talking about application status on MySJSU, mine still says "refer to grad department-provisional" is that what yours said before it changed last night?

For those accepted, did you guys receive an 'official letter of conditional acceptance'? Is that like physical mail or another email?
Gigi smith sends out an email letting you know if you were conditionally accepted.

Last week Sunday November 26th I did receive an email from Dr Gigi Smith stating I was accepted into the MSOT Fall 2024 program, at that time my SJSU status was "Referred to Grad Department" and continue to not change until last night my status changed to"Administrative Decision" could not find what that means within the descriptions they provided. Has anyone elses status change to this or in any other form? I have already applied to gape and submitted official transcripts with all required courses completed so there are no to do's or provisionals.
ok, the only difference with me is that I still have prerequisites I am finishing that are not on the transcripts I have submitted.

congrats to everyone! i got accepted into msot as well :) does anyone know if there's specific deadline on when we need to make a decision? bc i'm waiting to hear back from other schools too

Last week Sunday November 26th I did receive an email from Dr Gigi Smith stating I was accepted into the MSOT Fall 2024 program, at that time my SJSU status was "Referred to Grad Department" and continue to not change until last night my status changed to"Administrative Decision" could not find what that means within the descriptions they provided. Has anyone elses status change to this or in any other form? I have already applied to gape and submitted official transcripts with all required courses completed so there are no to do's or provisionals.
I did not received an acceptance email (or any other email from SJSU yet), but my status was changed to "Administrative Decision" as well.

I did not received an acceptance email (or any other email from SJSU yet), but my status was changed to "Administrative Decision" as well.
Hmm I don't know then, did you already apply to gape, finish all your prereqs and send in your transcripts so all of that is been finalized. I did send Dr Smith an email helping to hear back from her soon on what that means.

Hmm I don't know then, did you already apply to gape, finish all your prereqs and send in your transcripts so all of that is been finalized. I did send Dr Smith an email helping to hear back from her soon on what that means.
I did apply to GAPE, and all my prereqs are completed, other than the Neuroanatomy course. My transcripts have been sent in as well. Once you hear back from Dr. Smith, feel free to let me know! I am curious to know what that means as well lol

I got accepted into the MSOT program!!
I’m so excited. Got the email from Dr Gigi Smith around 2 today.

Has anyone who has been accepted so far been having a hard time getting in contact with Dr. Smith via email?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew if the international experience was included in the total cost of the program that is posted on their website? I have heard not, but just wanted to be sure. Also, if that is the case, would anyone happen to know the approximate cost of the international experience? (flight, housing, etc included)

Has anyone who has been accepted so far been having a hard time getting in contact with Dr. Smith via email?
yeah i emailed her last friday with a couple questions when i got my conditional acceptance email but still haven't heard back. trying to decide if i should send another soon haha

yeah i emailed her last friday with a couple questions when i got my conditional acceptance email but still haven't heard back. trying to decide if i should send another soon haha
I have been trying to get an answer for 3 months about a prerequisite ... no luck. The student grad adviser Monique has been trying to help me get an answer, but so far nothing.

I did apply to GAPE, and all my prereqs are completed, other than the Neuroanatomy course. My transcripts have been sent in as well. Once you hear back from Dr. Smith, feel free to let me know! I am curious to know what that means as well lol
If I was you I would contact Mr. Leland Chen he's the one that handles the MSOT graduate intake his email should be on the SJSU MSOT website.

Has anyone’s status changed yet from “referred to dept” to accepted?

mine still says Refer to Grad Dept
Today is January 16. I believe all administration should be back at the SJSU campus. Has anyone received an update on their status in my SJSU messages for the MSOT program that starts fall 2024? I know that we should be getting a “NEXT STEPS” through my SJSU in order to accept and pay the mandatory fee. I

mine still says Refer to Grad Dept
Hello, yes I have had a status update from referred to grad department to accepted. I was told by Mr. Chen of the MSOT graduate department that around February 5. The “Next Steps” letter will be sent to our SJSU messages in order to officially accept both the SJSU university and MSOT program and pay our mandatory fee. This is so exciting now we need to start looking for places to stay and a roommates!!!

Hello, yes I have had a status update from referred to grad department to accepted. I was told by Mr. Chen of the MSOT graduate department that around February 5. The “Next Steps” letter will be sent to our SJSU messages in order to officially accept both the SJSU university and MSOT program and pay our mandatory fee. This is so exciting now we need to start looking for places to stay and a roommates!!!
mine still has not been changed.. when was yours changed?

My status changed recently but I had emailed Leland Chen who is the graduate advisor for MSOT [email protected] and he had assured me everything was up-to-date and starting February 5 is when they would start changing statuses, and posting the next steps in order to pay the mandatory fee. With the teacher striking at the CSU I’m not sure if he is replying, but he is in administration so he might be responding still.
I just emailed Mr. Chen and he responded very quickly. He recommended I check in with the department about this. He said "refer to grad department" means that the OT department has not told the GAPE office if they wish to admit me. (However, I was accepted, which makes this a bit confusing). I know Dr. Smith is participating in the strike and will not be responding to emails. I emailed Monique with the grad department to see if she can help. Hoping it is changed soon like you say!

From previous post of others, theirs had not changed yet. If Anyone else that has been accepted still have referred to grad status still? I believe Monique is a student assistant in the MSOT department she should be able to give you info soon.

From previous post of others, theirs had not changed yet. If Anyone else that has been accepted still have referred to grad status still? I believe Monique is a student assistant in the MSOT department she should be able to give you info soon.
Status just changed to accepted!

Hey everyone, if you’re starting in the MSOT cohort fall of 2024 and you’re looking to roommate with people in your cohort I’m open. I’m looking to get something close to campus, my own room and built in study partners and we can all enjoy a lower cost of living by sharing the rent. Just respond to this link and will figure out how to arrange this . I’m sure there are probably duplexes and homes nearby that are far cheaper dividing it amongst us . I look forward to hearing from any of you.

Here is a facebook group!

Attachments

• IMG_4228.jpeg
    IMG_4228.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 30