Sketchy bundle worth the $?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjcarter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for some advice. Is the sketchy bundle ($369) worth the money? I've heard mixed reviews on sketchy path & pharm so I'm not sure if I really wanna drop all that $$. Otherwise I would probably just get sketchy micro....thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

I hate sketchy in its entirety. I cannot learn from it, but that is because I am not a visual learner. Make sure you can learn from it before you invest. Maybe look online for some free sketchy videos or something and try some out.

Reactions: 1 user
I only used pharm and micro. Path didn't exist for me. That being said, I thought that pharm was still useful, but it was significantly more busy so it required more energy to really get down. But it did make certain things a lot easier, ex. autonomic drugs and diabetic drugs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharm and micro are 100% worth it. Its all you really need for boards too, so its good to get ahead and be familiar with the videos.

Path was worth it for me as well, but moreso for certain videos and not all of them.

Sketchy is worth its weight in gold. I’m a fan of all three, but im big on visual learning. Path and pharm videos can get a little long/extremely packed with info

The last letter in UFAPS is for sketchy. It's a gold standard resource, but not everyone utilizes every gold standard resource. As other suggested, try it before you buy it. And as others might not have noted, wait until the school year for a group discount.

Micro is king. Pharm it's okay if you are willing to put the time. I saw pathology out of curiosity even though it was after my time. It is a horrible product with nothing memorable to it

Path was Gold for USMLE. I guarantee the students on here saying sketchypath is terrible watched a couple videos and didn't finish the series because the videos were too long. Sketchypath is based off of UWorld and FirstAid. Almost everyone on here has a hard-on for zanki and the UWorld anki decks, which take as much time to go through as sketchypath a couple times. If you like the concept of sketchy then use their path alongside class, because the path class at our school doesn't cut it for boards.

I used a couple path videos for concepts I wasn't great with in my intro to pathology class. I found it to be pretty good.

I absolutely adored sketchy but didn’t have path. It’s 10% off right now. Just a heads up.

Hey guys, looking for some advice. Is the sketchy bundle ($369) worth the money? I've heard mixed reviews on sketchy path & pharm so I'm not sure if I really wanna drop all that $$. Otherwise I would probably just get sketchy micro....thoughts??
OK so this isn't orthodox, but I heard there is a completed PDF of sketchy micro floating around, and I uh....acquired a set of sketchy videos... I know you wanna do the right thing but we student are broke AF and I can live off 369$ for a month lol

I'm a visual learner, & I thought it was extremely useful. I still remember the majority of material from SketchyMicro because of the pictures & am pretty certain I got all questions related to Sketchy organisms correct on my exam.

I should also note that I supplemented w/ Salt/Pepper decks (Anki) so those images were drilled into my head over & over....& over.... & over.

Our professors taught from Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple (CMMRS) and Sketchy hits most of the micro in there. CMMRS had an obscure bacteria or two but otherwise it was essentially the same material.

I am a huge fan of Sketchy I loved it! I would agree with others that the pharm and micro are def better than path but I still found it useful. I remember things from last year I would have never remembered if it was based off learning it regularly. That being said I am a visual learner, but most of my classmates absolutely loved it.
Also, you can split the cost with friends, we split it between 3 people. All of you can use it at the same time that is not a problem.

I am a huge fan of Sketchy I loved it! I would agree with others that the pharm and micro are def better than path but I still found it useful. I remember things from last year I would have never remembered if it was based off learning it regularly. That being said I am a visual learner, but most of my classmates absolutely loved it.
Also, you can split the cost with friends, we split it between 3 people. All of you can use it at the same time that is not a problem.
You can use it at the same time? We found that when someone signs in it’ll knock the other person off

You can use it at the same time? We found that when someone signs in it’ll knock the other person off

I would say when the three of us would use it at the same time it would glitch a little but not to the point where you can’t use it. What happens most of the time is if you are watching a current video, but hit Home to go to a different one it’ll log you out, but then you can normally log back in. That is about as annoying as it would get which I didn’t have a problem dealing with. Easier to pay $75 than $300 for a minor issue in my opinion.

Schools really should start including a Sketchy and Uworld subscription as part of the curriculum

Reactions: 2 users