Sketchy Pharm is coming!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Macaroon_Berry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been using Sketchy Micro and it's obviously the most amazing resource for Microbiology. But after my subscription expired in the beginning of this month, they had a glitch in their system which was pretty big. They've fixed the glitch and apologized for it, and according to the co-founder Saud Siddiqui: "We are working to roll out Pharm shortly, with antimicrobials at the end of this month."

I'm super excited about this as I've been waiting for Sketchy Pharm forever! If any of you guys are over the fence about it, I'll write a post about how I think it is (although if it's up to par with their Micro vids, then it'll also be extremely helpful).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
hi,
I am interested in using Sketchy but I have 2 questions if you can kindly answer them. first, should i buy sketchymicro even though i am already using Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple? second, should i wait until sketchypharm is released to buy both of them or should i buy only sketchymicro first and then when it is released i will get sketchypharm as a part of that package?
thank you in advance

hi,
I am interested in using Sketchy but I have 2 questions if you can kindly answer them. first, should i buy sketchymicro even though i am already using Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple? second, should i wait until sketchypharm is released to buy both of them or should i buy only sketchymicro first and then when it is released i will get sketchypharm as a part of that package?
thank you in advance

To answer your first question: I used Kaplan first, and then I used Sketchy Micro to help me memorize those pesky difficult to remember details. It gives you memory hooks, so I'm sure it'll be a huge help in terms of remembering the stuff you've already done in CMMRS.

As for your second question: I'm honestly not sure. I think you should try to email them and see what they say regarding whether or not both Sketchy Pharm and Micro will be included in one "package."

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long does Sketchy Micro take to go through? Does it include more or less information than First Aid?

How long does Sketchy Micro take to go through? Does it include more or less information than First Aid?

It takes some time, but overall not too bad. Just split it up by bacteria, fungi, viruses, parasites... I took notes on all the videos (see my post here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/sketchy-micro-notes.1149664/)

For the first few bugs I kept trying to put in what First Aid had but I quickly stopped doing that since FA basically never had info that was not brought up in the sketchy videos.

I'm hoping to make these notes available through the Sketchy site. I think the 'review' feature they have is good, but I bet a lot of people would find written out bullet points of what is said in the videos very helpful.

It takes some time, but overall not too bad. Just split it up by bacteria, fungi, viruses, parasites... I took notes on all the videos (see my post here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/sketchy-micro-notes.1149664/)

For the first few bugs I kept trying to put in what First Aid had but I quickly stopped doing that since FA basically never had info that was not brought up in the sketchy videos.

I'm hoping to make these notes available through the Sketchy site. I think the 'review' feature they have is good, but I bet a lot of people would find written out bullet points of what is said in the videos very helpful.

You made it seem like the link in your post has "notes on all the videos," but all I found was like 4 screenshots lol. Anyway, I think the Sketchy videos have everything in First Aid, so I wouldn't see the point of writing down any notes. Also, their review pic is everything that's in the video with roll-overs that reveal the memory hooks, which I found quite useful.

Last edited:
I just want to resurrect this to ask if anyone has any idea what the release schedule looks like for more sketchy pharm?

I would also like to know this. I've used sketchy micro since year one and it's been an invaluable resource. Will be taking boards in June and hoping it will come out before then?

Anyone hear anything more about when the rest of the Pharm videos are coming out?

Last edited:
Sketchy Pharm is heeerrrreeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Comes out Monday March 7th!!!!!

not a big fan. i did the antimicrobial videos. there r like 100 details in 1 picture. its a little too much. i think its easier to study by yourself instead of getting more confused with the picture details. sketchy micro tho i am a big fan of

not a big fan. i did the antimicrobial videos. there r like 100 details in 1 picture. its a little too much. i think its easier to study by yourself instead of getting more confused with the picture details. sketchy micro tho i am a big fan of

I'm gonna take a look but I think I'm with you on this one.

Since the number of videos will be roughly the same as the micro part I guess it will cost +/- 100 $. Together with sketchymicro we get to 200 $ which is twice what they are asking for the same + additional content in picmonic.