Skin eruptions/exanthema in Shingles

Started by LilMiss108
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LilMiss108

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I figured I could come here to ask this question that I desperately need an answer to:

What mechanism in the underlying tissue gives rise to the vesicles that emerge on the skin in the Herpes Zoster (Shingles) virus?

Any help (even a pointer to a link) would be helpful! Thanks!
 
I figured I could come here to ask this question that I desperately need an answer to:

What mechanism in the underlying tissue gives rise to the vesicles that emerge on the skin in the Herpes Zoster (Shingles) virus?

Any help (even a pointer to a link) would be helpful! Thanks!

Not trying to say I know anything about this, but her are some links that might help:

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/104539531/ABSTRACT

http://www.springerlink.com/content/r31122113841j346/

http://www.amjdermatopathology.com/...JCyGhCS300GQR1gB!2112021004!181195629!8091!-1

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1384521

One more thing during the first 2 years of med school, for pbl to look up stuff I used http://scholar.google.com/ alot ontop of pub med and emedicine.